There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

you can't hack my system

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems part-time (more than an year)

Pros

because this is 21 century

Cons

i love to do this job forever

salary

647 Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Data Systems (View Most Recent)

Good Company overall to work for

Former Employee - Communications Engineer in Detroit, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Communications Engineer in Detroit, MI (US)

I worked at Electronic Data Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They believe in an open door policy. Employees are allowed to express themselves to at least 2 higher level of Management without ever worring that what ever you discuss will not be used against you.

Cons

Management? It can be a bumppy road. I've had great leader's, and then well I often wonder how did some of the leader's ever get into Management?

For being a Company that strongly talks about pay for performance, it's not fair to employees who busts thier butt's and gives thier all 7/24 and yet they are told when there performance reviews are done, that they still need to improve in other area's and then are required to sign off on them knowing they will not see additional funding in thier pay check. 24 to 36 months is to long between any type of cash increase.

Not a good place

Current Employee - Client Executive in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Client Executive in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you get very lucky, you might get to work for a leader who can motivate, mentor and inspire the staff. You can actually learn a lot from such a leader. We had a few in the past at EDS, but most have gone. With the good leader, along comes opportunities for various experiences, training and even promotion.

Cons

There are very few good leaders at EDS. Even in the past, when we had a few, the more senior ranks were awful.

Ross Perot envisaged a dynamic business excelling at providing I T Services and an inspirational place to work. We have become a financial juggling company that doesnt care, despite the bull, about the customers or the staff. It is all about numbers. As an I T Services company, if we offered excellence, we would grow and be profitable. As it is, we offer financial juggling, deliver as little as possible for as much as possible and pay our staff as little as we can. I guess by offshoring and keeping our prices rock bottom, we are the Wal Mart of the industry. No quality, good price.

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems