Electronic Arts
www.ea.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Good experience, though lack of career path

QA Test Lead (Former Employee)
Montreal, QC

I worked at Electronic Arts full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe Benefits were really good, though they were not matched with the financial compensation. The people are great to work with and the QA management is mostly quite awesome. They were always receptive of ideas and would be willing to help people advance as much as they could, which was limited due to all the required approvals. End of Projects were often accompanied by Paid time off.

ConsThough there are a lot of benefits there is very little career growth. Every promotion and significant raise I received was preceded by a discussion of my dissatisfaction and an ultimatum of raise/promotion or I would need to look for work elsewhere. This continued till I was approached by another company who gave me an offer greater then what I had previously asked for with EA.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people and give raises without them having to threaten to quit.

The quality of your manager will be the biggest factor in your overall experience here.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Burnaby, BC

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: EAC is the largest and most stable video game employer in the area. As a studio that primarily develops yearly iterative sports titles you… Cons: Given a mandate to produce new sports games every year, the culture and modus operandi at EAC is to maximize output above all else. … Advice to Senior Management: Focus more on long-term career growth for your employees. Otherwise they will just… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place for settling down but not a great place for seeking challenges.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Burnaby, BC

I have been working at Electronic Arts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - Salary is very competitive in the Vancouver region. - Great company perks (sports facilities, snacks, beverages, parties etc.) - Able to work on… Cons: - The term "business need" is used as a restrictive phrase to keep people where they are. The business needs come way before the individual's… Advice to Senior Management: Management should put as much emphasis on the employee than in the company. When its clear that the company's needs… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Electronic Arts.

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Electronic Arts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson. All reviews posted anonymously by Electronic Arts employees.