Education Management Corporation

www.edmc.edu
  www.edmc.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Virginia Beach, VA (US)
Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I have been working at Education Management Corporation part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I submitted an application for an adjunct position and was called for an interview. When I interviewed with the Dean, we talked about the school and the students. I was asked about my teaching philosophy and my comment level to quality education. I was hired on the spot and asked to fill out background check paperwork and other human resource related documents. I have been with them for about a year now and love working for this company. The management is easy to work with regarding schedule and they provide a professional work atmosphere.

Cons

I have not found anything negative to report.

Keep up the good work!

330 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

If there ever was a company who personifies the devil, this would be it.

Current Employee - Academic Director
    Current Employee - Academic Director

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You aren't held to any accountability.

Cons

Management lies to your face, lack of communication, centralized services in an effort to get you to give up when you need information regarding compensation or benefits, etc.

Spend some time on a campus before you make such detached decisions.

It's been a good stepping stone.

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time

Pros

The job is really easy and I love the people that I work with. The hours are good and the managers are pretty flexible with time off and personal life.

Cons

You have all of the expectations of a sales job without any of the benefits. Due to laws you can't be compensated in any way for doing well, however people who do not consistently meet their goals can be put on a performance plan and/or fired. There have also been some lay-offs recently which causes uncertainty.

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation