There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Completely Disorganized with a Bleak Outlook

Former Employee - Finance/Enrollment Manager  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
Former Employee - Finance/Enrollment Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fringe benefits were great, and the internal cultural was nice

Cons

100% disorganized, unrealistic expectations for position responsibilities, and the work environment/duties changed so often that performing is nearly impossible

If you continue to preach work/life balance, make it happen. Everyone I knew brought the stress and work home with them every night

296 Other Employee Reviews for Education Management Corporation (View Most Recent)

Growing pains...then shrinking pains

Current Employee - Instructor
    Current Employee - Instructor

I have been working at Education Management Corporation part-time

Pros

Flexible hours and many friendly co-workers

Cons

Lots of last minute changes. Upper management doesn't listen, even at the local level. Want a secure job? Don't work here. Great people to work with, game-playing bureaucrats to work for.

Don't pretend to know what you're doing when most of your decisions are reactive. Listen to the instructors when it comes to student retention and ways to grow. You simply don't. Ask what can be improved and the local campus level and listen. You simply don't. I and most of my coworkers are looking for jobs elsewhere, though we are some of the best communicators and thorough thinkers you will find in our community. We know what we are doing, but wonder if you do...

Upper Management will sell their Grandmother if it means they can make a buck or advance

Current Employee - Admissions Manager  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Admissions Manager in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at Education Management Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, 401k, work with some great people, make a lot of good friendships

Cons

DOA's and above are truly horrible human beings. They treat lower level management and staff level like dirt, they have no problem telling you that you are expendable. Admissions department hasn't hit a plan in over a year, yet this gets blamed on everyone but those in charge. If you not part of the "circle of trust/evil" you are thrown to the wolves. Overworked, severely underpaid, no hope of any raises this year, told if you don't like it you can leave. Director of Financial Aid has no degree and doesn't even attempt to take free classes. Male DOA's use position for leverage for sec.

Stop blaming your underpaid staff level and start making changes in middle and upper management. Get a CEO who is not a crook. Show some respect in quality of education not quantity

There are newer employer reviews for Education Management Corporation

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!