Eastman Chemical
www.eastman.com Kingsport, TN 5000+ Employees

If you're not chosen on day 1, you can forget about advancement.

Scientist (Current Employee)
Kingsport, TN (US)

I have been working at Eastman Chemical

ProsReasonable cost of living, no traffic, generally good people to work with, competent employees.

ConsSystem of choosing leadership is a serious issue - bad managers arent removed and can cause tremendous disruption. There are too many directors and too many bad directors.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, please, please take more time and care in selecting directors and evaluating their performance. These individuals are chosen early in their careers and many dont receive adequate vetting. And no, any director cant automatically do any other director-level job.

I had one bad review and I was fired. Prior to that I was perfect.

Operator (Former Employee)
Longview, TX (US)

I worked at Eastman Chemical

Pros: Stable company with lots of capital Cons: Management could turn on you in a heart beat. Advice to Senior Management: Not deserving No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A very diverse company with a wide variety of opportunities, demanding of your time and personal/ professional growth.

Operator (Former Employee)
Longview, TX (US)

I worked at Eastman Chemical

Pros: Eastman in Longview, TX has some of the highest pay rates in our area. The training and job education is extensive and on-going; you… Cons: Your time at Eastman initially will be learning your work site and getting accustom to the schedule. There will be tons of computer based training… Advice to Senior Management: I think there is way too much too soon. Management needs to monitor and re- evaluate the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Eastman Chemical.

Worked for Eastman Chemical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eastman Chemical reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Eastman Chemical CEO Mark J. Costa. All reviews posted anonymously by Eastman Chemical employees.