EY
3.6 of 5 3,783 reviews
www.ey.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Great place to start career, but may not be long-term best fit

Tax Staff (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at EY full-time for more than a year

Pros1) The diversified staffing group. With the DSG, there are two things that happen, that are pretty cool.
a) You yourself know that if you don't like a particular job, you aren't necessarily stuck doing it.
b) Other people for the most part are interested in helping you find a group you like.

2) Great culture for coaching, learning, training, and teaming.

3) For a Big 4 firm, many people are willing to work with you on flexibility.

Cons1) Like all the Big 4 firms, the hours become rough at times. Even with work-life balance, there is a LOT of work.

2) With the diversified staffing group, staff and seniors can experience rolling out of one busy season directly into another with no breaks.

3) While compensation is a good solid start compared to most majors, it's not the top in absolute terms, and when you start looking on a per hour basis, it's not very competitive. This is mostly a Big 4 issue, though.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to spread the workload better. There are some people who are consistently over 100% utilized (and maybe part of the reason is that they are the most desirable employees), but over-utilization burns people out, and there are other employees to smooth out the opportunities for.

Enjoyed my experience there overall, but felt the accounting field was not the right fit for me

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at EY as an intern for less than a year

Pros: You work with hard working, intelligent people. It is great for networking because many… Cons: Some of the people are very bitter because they work long hours and have very little life outside of work. I think the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

EY is a great firm overall, but certain office might have small teams and limited resources

Tax Senior (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at EY full-time for less than a year

Pros: big 4 experience, hard-working and dedicated people around you Cons: not a place to work for if you need substantial… Advice to Senior Management: Need to train new people, not just burn out the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on EY.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EY CEO Mark Weinberger. All reviews posted anonymously by EY employees.