EY
3.6 of 5 3,784 reviews
www.ey.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

The work isnt so great, but the people who work with you can be pleasant

Staff (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at EY full-time for more than a year

ProsSome of the people you work with can become good friends outside of the office. There is always some work available (albeit it can sometimes be absolutely dull and extremely monotonous).

ConsThe work-life balance is definitely lacking considering how many hours you work. It's sad when you divide how much you get paid by how many hours you work. Sometimes there's unnecessary pressure to stay longer than needed. There's great pressure on ridiculous utilization goals, to the point where it becomes stressful (and this can obviously lead to lower productivity). Despite this utilization goal, interesting work is still outsourced to work centers in India. I understand this increases firm profits but (I believe) it doesn't trickle down to our paychecks..

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff and employees in the lower echelons should be given more enriching work - this will definitely help the firm in the long run.

Too little work, too many employees.

Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at EY full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Opportunity for recent graduates to learn craft of attestation and… Cons: Volume of work can be very uneven. Variable quality… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

So so

Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at EY full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: 1. Some people are extremely smart and talented 2. Great network with clients 3. Big brand… Cons: 1. Too structured and hierarchical 2. Low compensation 3. Long… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on EY.

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EY CEO Mark Weinberger. All reviews posted anonymously by EY employees.