EY

www.ey.com
  www.ey.com
There are newer employer reviews for EY

E&Y Tax

Current Employee - Senior Tax Accountant in Los Angeles, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Tax Accountant in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at EY full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people were very qualified. E&Y is very open to continuous education.

Cons

None as I was expecting to work more than 50 hours during busy season.

E&Y University is great keep on investing in it.

4811 Other Employee Reviews for EY (View Most Recent)

Friendly but demanding environment, pleasant colleagues

Former Employee - Performance Improvement in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Performance Improvement in London, England (UK)

I worked at EY as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Hours are not too bad and they are quite lenient if you want to have a shorter day or want to work from home. Culture is very horizontal, you can chat to partner if you wish to, open plan office means that you might be sitting one day next to very senior people the other day you will be sitting next to interns.

Cons

Work is rather monotonic however after first two years you start managing people and this creates a completely different feel. Also working and doing exams at the same time is quite difficult too

I felt like I needed more help and care when I just started, some more guidance during first few weeks would be very helpful

Mixed but mostly positive first impression

Current Employee - Assurance Staff in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Assurance Staff in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at EY full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Big name clients in NY FSO
    -Prestigious Asset Management practice
    -Emphasis on quality and risk in the audit practice
    -Ability to work on variety of clients, from start up funds to global multinationals
    -Opportunity to distinguish yourself and get involved in non-client work, such as affinity groups or extracurricular sports
    -Opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and leadership roles right from the start (mostly applies to larger engagements)
    -2 years to senior associate
    -Friendly people and atmosphere for the most part
    -NYC office is nice and well maintained
    -Approachable and smart partners

Cons

-Though the "winning" culture tries to send a good message, it doesn't necessarily emphasize quality of work
    -Not as diverse at the partner level as I would expect, even in the NY office
    -Utilization goals are unrealistic given tight budgets and the amount of non-chargeable work we are expected to do at the Staff level
    -Some personalities in the NY office are difficult

Get rid of the "old boys' club". Start being more transparent with employees. Use of the title "staff" is a little demeaning, especially considering the amount of grunt work staff have to do but never end up hitting the billable charge code. Keep the town halls and extracurricular funding, but be more realistic about utilization goals. These goals cause me to either a.) be inefficient during trough periods so that I have enough work to do to hit 40 hours or b.) decide between booking all hours during busy periods and break the budget, or eat hours and thus, not hit utilization goals. Keep on winning high profile clients, but make sure that the fee you're charging them is realistic to cover costs.

There are newer employer reviews for EY