E*TRADE Financial
www.etrade.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Get a start here, but don't get too comfortable.

Senior Financial Services Representative (Former Employee)
Alpharette, GA (US)

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time

ProsGood place for a young person starting out in the securities industry to get licensed and learn a few things. They pay for your licensing. You don't really have to take your work home with you.

ConsLow pay. It's a call center. Low employee morale. Every second of your day is micromanaged. Rude customers. Promotions are actually just lateral moves to other departments doing the same thing. Company touts promoting from within but sought after positions are filled outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementDe-emphasize the "CE" requirement. Many excellent reps do not receive the recognition they should because they choose to not abuse the referral system like other reps. Being able to "put on over" on management with inflated referral leads shouldn't be rewarded. Top referral performers are the least likely to allow others to observe their habits for a reason.

Good Experience in short-term but dead end road

Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee)
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Makes it easy to get acclimated with the market and a range of investments. Benefits are great. Good place to… Cons: Very micro managed. Because of this, it is difficult to create relationships within the workplace. Most employees show up and leave with very little interaction.… Advice to Senior Management: Keep a CEO longer than 6 months that can implement… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Too much Politics

Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros: Can get to know about Finance - Stocks, Trading Cons: Horrible Asian work culture, politics, stressful work. Advice to Senior Management: Managers need management skill as well as technical skill. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on E*TRADE Financial.

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at E*TRADE Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for E*TRADE Financial CEO Paul T. Idzik. All reviews posted anonymously by E*TRADE Financial employees.