E*TRADE Financial

www.etrade.com
  www.etrade.com
There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Great Benets but Horrible Job

Current Employee - Stock Broker in Alpharetta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Stock Broker in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits and work life balance

Cons

Call center environment, everyone hates their job.

Make an effort to improve the work environment and employee morale. Please telling employees how poorly the company is doing to scare them into working harder.

312 Other Employee Reviews for E*TRADE Financial (View Most Recent)

Great Experience

I worked at E*TRADE Financial as a contractor

Pros

Great place to think & execute ideas

Cons

Too many managers to report to at the same time!!

Financial Services Representative

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Sandy, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Sandy, UT (US)

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Physical location is close to the freeway. The doors are open when you get to work. Most of the managers could fog up a mirror.

Cons

In four years time, my hourly pay has increased about 7%. My health insurance costs for identical coverage has increased by over 36%! I actually take home less now than when I started because Etrade now takes so much more out of my check for health insurance. At the same time the fomer CEO Steve Frieburg saw his base pay go form 1 million to over 3 million the second year. The managers were all managers with companies that Etrade bougtht before the collaterized mortgage fiasco. Only 1 manager is actually a manager due to a promotion . 4 of our managers, including a top level executive, came to Etrade from Fidelity because they got laid off at Fidelity. Etrade was NOT their first choice for employment and it shows. Management FORBIDS any direct communication with the CEO. It is MANDATORY that ALL employee to CEO communicaiton be perused by immedate management first. Etrade stock has never been valued at more that 1/2 of what TD Ameritrade trades for. After working at Etrade it is easy to see why. This company could spoil an erotic dream!

Tread your employees like the valuable resources they are. Do not assume that a 75% turnover rate every four years is normal! Train your managers to motivate and not terrorize!

There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial