There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Overall pretty good

Current Employee - Financial Consultant  in  Sandy, UT (US)
Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Sandy, UT (US)

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Managers
Good work/life balance
Good base salary and earnings potential
Relaxed work environment

Cons

Operational side is still a work in progress, not on the same page with sales. Can be more difficult for customers to open and transfer accounts, compared to larger firms.
Commission plan changes often, consultants now get charged back for giving customers promotions, if customer moves from stock to cash, and you will get charged back if clients moves money out, causing wild swings in bonus.
I feel like this job has more Pros than Cons compared with other jobs I've had.

Overall I’ve been happy with management, they give you space and offer help when needed. It would be nice if we could get more help with service issues and just focus more of our time on sales.

299 Other Employee Reviews for E*TRADE Financial (View Most Recent)

Great learning experience tech and finance combined

Former Employee - Manager  in  Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Technologically advanced and opportunity to learn

Cons

Lack of leadership and talent retention

Awesome atmosphere, highly intelligent co-workers, and competitive pay

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative  in  Makati City (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Makati City (Philippines)

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

o Great people to work with, great atmosphere, and very subtle politics among management people (one that is not obvious and weighing on the rank-and-file workers).
    o Competitive salary.
    o Fair performance appraisal, which may result in a bonus.
    o Night and day shift jobs.

Cons

o Holidays are US-based; work still ongoing on Philippine holidays (but I guess that's a Pro for the double pay!).
    o Management doesn't seem to want to keep their agents with the company (little to no agent retention).
    o Management seems to want to maximize an agent for all their worth and not look into increasing their pay.
    o Benefits are standard but nothing extra to make you want to stay with the company.

You guys might want to improve on your agent retention. E*TRADE is not just a "stepping stone" company. You might want to have agents work there until retirement. Loyal agents build goodwill for the company and touch your clients in a profound way. And please look into better employee benefits and aligning their pay to their workload.

There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!