average

Current Contractor - Laundry Attendant in Kabul (Afghanistan)
Current Contractor - Laundry Attendant in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

am satisfied i have a job at the moment

Cons

poor planning and logistical problems like traveling

Advice to Management

reduce bureaucracy in the organisation

reviews filtered by
  1. Very bureaucratic and political, but with wide ranging opportunities on many projects

Current Employee - Aviation Operations in Kandahar (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Aviation Operations in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is very diverse when it comes to different projects and contracts, they have projects all over the globe. While I'm not particularly enamored with the project that I work on as a whole (LOGCAP), I love my shop. My leadership works very hard to insulate us from all of the shenanigans. And regardless of what you read elsewhere, the only pay problem that I had was when the program was first getting started in 2009. They are big enough to be stable financially which is more than I can say for a lot of other companies on Defense contracts.

Cons

I really don't like how bureaucratic the company can be; most everything is twice as complicated as it should be. Promotions & hiring is heavily influenced by who you know rather than ability or experience. What that equates to is that many managers are very defensive and innovation or anything out of the ordinary tends to be viewed as threatening and is treated accordingly. There are lots of awesome leaders here, but unfortunately there are also quite a few who aren't.

Advice to Management

Too many employees are only here for a paycheck and don't care about the success and future of the company. This probably has something to do with every policy announcement that is released threatening disciplinary action "up to and including termination".

I would encourage management to work harder at cultivating a sense of belonging among employees and softening the "management tone".

And I do like the employee recognition programs that we have. It means a lot to guys, especially a lot of our foreign nationals, to be singled out and praised for the outstanding work that they do.

Opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

DynCorp provides an unlimited amount of opportunity for travel and seeing the world. I worked in Recruiting for 3 years now and have seen places that I only dreamed about. Salary is decent.

Cons

Always constant consistent change! Nothing is ever the same week to week. There is absolutely ZERO training available, I have never been to a "new employee" orientation and upper management does not have experience needed to manage.

Advice to Management

Hire VP's, Directors, and Managers whom actually recruited before, HR is completely different from recruiting. Contractors are still employees, do not view them as just an employee number.