There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

Opportunities to steer my own learning and discovery

Current Employee - IT Manager in Fort Worth, TX (US)
Current Employee - IT Manager in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Information Technology department is constantly working toward a standards-based ITIL compliant process structure, which means that IT personnel are able to better control the pace of problem response, and prioritzie work more effectively. Additionally, I have never been anywhere where I was able to steer my own development quite as much as I've been able to do at DI.

Cons

The Alliance location isn't particularly well managed from a work-space considerations standpoint. Over-crowding, too little parking, and ever-decreasing cubicle spaces are a chronic problem with this company.

Fix the crowding problems. Make Change Management in IT a little more user-friendly. Don't require documentation that isn't necessary, or doesn't make sense to the Change process. Improve documentiaton overall, especially in the CI aspect of the CMDB.

365 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

It has been quite a ride, a worldwide ride.

Current Employee - Electrical Foreman in Kandahar (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Electrical Foreman in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

you get to see the world , the pay is reasonable and they pretty much let you do your job un-molested, advancement is available, and they are an open minded group of people.

Cons

the cons are that you are away from your family, there is not enough vacation time and the living accomodations can be very austere at times

accountability is a must logitics are key we need to run a tighter ship.

Challenging project, rewarding

Former Employee - Subcontract Manager in Kandahar (Afghanistan)
    Former Employee - Subcontract Manager in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

DynCorp manages multiple projects but this review is of the LOGCAP IV project. It was a very challenging project, supporting the troops overseas with high opportunities to grow, advance and enhance your skills.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to administer a subcontract when the home office has such high control over remote project. Often speedy growth and the natural high turn over of projects of this nature lead to unqualified personnel in management/supervisory positions. Due to the imbeded nature of this project it is much more work than life but that is clearly outlined in advance. Not all projects are best managed from the other side of the planet.

Communicate - It is more than just meetings with speeches.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International