Dominion Enterprises

www.dominionenterprises.com
  www.dominionenterprises.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises

Excellent place to work, one of the best places I've worked at!

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Norfolk, VA (US)
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Norfolk, VA (US)

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the culture. We worked on cutting edge products and technologies. The people are fun, talented, and motivated. Bureaucracy was kept to a minimum. Communication was encouraged. As a software developer, training and tools are important. We chose our own computers. We were encouraged to purchase the tools we needed to make our jobs successful. Training was always available and sponsored by the company. I enjoyed working in downtown Norfolk. DE has a beautiful building with nice work spaces. Plenty of nearby places to eat and get coffee.

Cons

For me there were not many cons. The ability to work remotely from time to time would have been nice, but I don't think that is really a con.

Keep up the good work. I appreciated the common sense approach to problem solving. I like how each division is allowed to make choices that are right for the division.

Dominion Enterprises Response

Dec 07, 2012Director

Thanks for the positive feedback!

338 Other Employee Reviews for Dominion Enterprises (View Most Recent)

Satisfied with responsibilities and co-workers, worst benefits and leadership I've ever seen.

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time

Pros

Co-workers are knowledgeable and with proper leadership can succeed.

Cons

Don't get sick, it will cost you.

Republican led company that thinks the bottom feeders aren't obligated to common benefits = every employee constantly looking for something better.

Force reduction shotly after hire, 15 people let go just before holidays!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Norfolk, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Norfolk, VA (US)

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Parking pass, free lunches, great kitchen/lunch area, nothing about employment unfortunately

Cons

Management sold us on the premise that the company was solid gold and that the future was bright at dominion enterprises and homes.com. 8 employees quit within my first two months at homes.com. Was told that they had budgeted for 20 more account executives shortly after hire! The company decided to do a force reduction just before thanksgiving. Got rid of all the new hires and 3 managers. In total 15 people were let go and the kept 11. I couldn't believe they brought up the (non compete clause) after they let all of us go! Unreal!

Know your budget, never hire new people and let them go within a couple weeks/ months just before the holidays, that is unacceptable

There are newer employer reviews for Dominion Enterprises