Dollar Thrifty Automotive
www.dtag.com Tulsa, OK 5000+ Employees

It used to be a fun place to work.... not any longer!

Executive Director (Former Employee)
Tulsa, OK (US)

I worked at Dollar Thrifty Automotive

ProsDTAG used to be a fun place to work. We had management that actually cared about the employees and not the almighty dollar.

ConsThe new management is all about lining their own pockets, and boy they have done a terrific job of doing that. Now that the company is being sold to Hertz, the top 5 will make huge compensations for their efforts. When the came to Tulsa, it was all about preparing the company for sale. My sources inside Hertz tell me that the sale has been in the works now for about a year and a half, so the employees have all been lied to for a long time from senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake into consideration the effect you're having on all the families due to your significant number of layoffs. They are ruining lives of many.

go for it, if you need a job, but look elsewhere.

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Tulsa, OK (US)

I worked at Dollar Thrifty Automotive

Pros: Promotions from inside are common, if you get in a good department, you may have a good boss. The Bonus plans… Cons: It is a dying company that has seen multiple rounds of lay offs. The corporate culture is not that great. A large number… Advice to Senior Management: Get the field v. headquarters quarrelling under control No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

As good as Dollar can be, it could be much better !!!

Rental Car Agent. (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Dollar Thrifty Automotive

Pros: Medical Benefits (average), decent pay, and after 10 years working for them,4 weeks paid… Cons: In the Summertime, often understaffed. Constantly on the run, and often we miss breaks, due to how busy we are and not enough staff. … Advice to Senior Management: To try and get more feedback from staff. To not make it a punishable offense for calling in sick , when you are sick. This… More

There are newer reviews on Dollar Thrifty Automotive.

Worked for Dollar Thrifty Automotive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dollar Thrifty Automotive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dollar Thrifty Automotive CEO Mark P. Frissora. All reviews posted anonymously by Dollar Thrifty Automotive employees.