There are newer employer reviews for Dole Food

Poor Management of a Great Brand Name

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Dole Food

Pros

- Location - you can't go wrong being in the Santa Monica Mountains and 10 miles north of Malibu.
- Work Life balance is nice because I live close to work, not the same story for my coworkers.
- Nice building to work in.

Cons

- Company expects brand name to carry it to success.
- Management doesn't financially support the growth of the brand.
- Most employees work here because it is in the location they want to live.
- Very inefficient.
- Reactionary vs. visionary company.
- Focused on stuffing ourselves into a niche that hinders financial growth.
- No leadership development resulting in some key leadership positions being filled with incompetent leaders
- No true accountability or execution.
- Uninspiring
- California is beautiful but expensive, especially when we haven’t received a bonus for the past number of years in order to pay down company debt

Understand that people will make or break a company. Dole is a great brand, but it is deteriorating because of the middle management. Some Key Managers in the habit of using band-aids to hide their own poor decisions and weaknesses.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Dole Food (View Most Recent)

dole food

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Dole Food

Pros

there are few lay offs and high level of security. most jobs are not challenging or stressful, get free fruit

Cons

no opportunites to grow, no innovation, very backwards and old fashion, not a lot of training opportunites offered, only senior management has a say in what goes on , no flex time schedules or work from home options (in practice, theory maybe)

get with the times! employee satisfaction and work life balanace leds to a great success for the company, work with people and their lives/desire

Good place to start

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Enterprise, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Enterprise, AL (US)

I worked at Dole Food

Pros

A very solid place to work with great co workers and opportunities. I did like the Career Opportunities. But the communication between compensation workers and Senior leadership was second to none.

Cons

Long hours and physical labor were just a few cons. The work life balance was pretty good but It could have been better. The pay was low for the amount of work that was expected of you on a day to day basis. With an education this job may have been better for me but i was treated with fairness and respect. The senior leadership could have been stronger.

Listen to your workers