Dole Food

www.dole.com

Must be willing to drink the Kool Aid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Monterey, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA (US)

Pros

Corporate culture of honesty and even handedness that I support. Healthy products I can believe in. Senior management at DFV has made good on its promises and has a clear direction. The employees are dedicated and contientious.

Cons

Recent culture of overworking many employees to bring down costs. Long term burnout and poor decision making are starting to show. Middle managment in my dept. seems unfocused and incapable of making and sticking to a decision.

Start to consider the long term effects the current cost cutting has on employee ability to make good decisions and on burnout. Focus on training and retaining employees and bringing up their skills rather than outsourcing or 'hiring' competence.

Other reviews for Dole Food

It is a great place to gain experience.

Pros

Work life balance.
    Great co-wokers.
    Team work mentality.

Cons

Low paying jobs.
    Limited opportunity to move up.

I worked in IT, and was given plenty of opportunities and independence to learn and grow.

Pros

The people are very professional, motivated, and well managed. It seemed that the executive and management team had the experience and charisma to properly lead by example.

Cons

The department I worked in was very lean and short staffed, so I was not allowed to take any time off the first year. That fact, along with the long hours and periodic micro management, did not instill confidence that my superiors would reward my hard work.

Having a better work life balance will increase employees' work productivity, and their retention rate. Overall, giving a little more freedom will empower people to work more efficiently.

There are newer employer reviews for Dole Food.

Worked for Dole Food? Contribute to the Community!