Digitas
www.digitas.com Boston, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great work culture, repetitive work

Senior Analyst (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Digitas

Pros1) Excellent work culture - The work culture is very cordial, people are overall very nice and work well in teams. People work and have fun.
2) Focus on professional development - You can take courses and the company will pay for them up to a certain amount. There is also some training offered internally.
3) Promotion - The company promotes people every 1-2 years.
4) Career growth - You can direct your career to some extent by voicing your opinion on projects that you want to work on and promotions desired.
5) Raises - Before recession set in, I got a raise twice a year and it was a significant raise.
5) Strategic input - You get to work with top level management in top companies, and you get exposure to strategy and innovative ideas, and can give input in top level strategic decisions.
6) Autonomy - There is a lot of autonomy in the workplace and you can work independently on your projects.
7) Casual environment - You can dress casually as long as you are professionally dressed before clients, you can work from home when required, and you can come in later and leave earlier on some days as long as work is done on time.
8) Time off - You get 4 additional Fridays off during summer, and 3 personal days to take during cultural holidays.
9) HR listens - This is the only company I have seen where HR actually listens and does something about it.
10) Ability to move - Digitas is very open to your desire to move between groups.
11) Good brand name - Digitas has top companies as clients and is well-respected in the industry. Having the brand name on your resume does help.

Cons1) Promotion challenges - You get put up for promotion only if there is no competition in your team and/or you create a certain impression about yourself. Perception is reality.
2) Recruiting - The recruiter I interacted with misrepresented a few critical things to hire me. This happened to a few other people as well. We voiced our concerns and a few things were rectified, but it is best to be careful and speak to the hiring manager directly to verify promises made.
3) Inconsistency in levels - There is no consistency in the level of experience required in certain positions. People with say 5 years experience came in at the same level as someone who has been at Digitas for 1 year after undergrad. Since Digitas can promote people almost every year till the Associate Director level, people with more experience were unhappy with the inconsistency in levels.
4) Less competent managers - Since very young people got promoted and became managers of people, they were not as competent as say someone with more experience would be at that level. In addition, if you are new to the company, the Director (your hiring manager) would not be the one to train you - you would get trained by an Analyst or Sr. Analyst (a colleague). At that level, people are very young and may not know how to train or manage well. In addition, due to 360 review they do a performance review about you, and may reflect their personal feelings in a professional review.
5) Fluff - Sometimes what you talk matters more than what you do. Some people act funny and talk well, hence are well-liked and more likely to get ahead.
6) Heavy workload - Due to employee turnover and periods where client work is more demanding, you end up working very long hours.
7) Monotony in the job - Some work is very manual and tedious. At a lower level you can end up doing monthly reporting, and at a higher level you can end up churning decks which is what consultants do anyway. Hence the work can seem boring and less challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop some consistency in the levels that experienced people come in at.

web developer

Web Developer (Current Employee)
San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

I have been working at Digitas

Pros: good benefits, flexible schedules, good, excellent workplace Cons: bad salary, a lot of meetings Advice to Senior Management: yes No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Project management

Manager - Project Management (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Digitas

Pros: The people are smart, helpful, great to work with. Cons: The hours can be too long. Advice to Senior Management: Help people find work life balance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Digitas.

Worked for Digitas? Contribute to the Community!

Digitas – Why Work for Us?

Digitas - Creating inspired ideas that move people in new ways Digitas, the top global integrated brand agency, builds active brands for some of the foremost companies in the world. In 2012 Digitas was named OMMA… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Digitas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Digitas CEO Tony Weisman. All reviews posted anonymously by Digitas employees.