Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Deloitte has enabled me to build the skills and experiences to be successful in management consulting and beyond.

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1) Interesting business questions and situations: we have the opportunity to work with our clients on many of their most interesting and challenging issues.

2) Apprenticeship-driven culture: leaders take the time during project work and beyond to help build skills and expertise in the staff.

3) Diverse roles and projects: the goal of many people out of undergrad and grad school entering consulting is to try out various types of work and industries, Deloitte has absolutely afforded me that opportunity to learn and explore before specializing.

4) Incredibly talented and fun staff: probably the single thing that makes me love my job is the staff I get to work with day to day. Bright, talented and definitely pass the 'airplane' test of fun to be around.

Cons

The biggest challenge, and often the reason I've seen peers move into other roles, is the amount of travel. While there are non-client facing roles that allow you to be at home, the client-facing side of the business requires frequent travel to work on-site with our clients. This can mean long periods of time away from home.

7447 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

Bad office culture and lots of politics

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good work in terms of technical work

Cons

Bad office culture and lots of politics

Software developer

Former Contractor - Software Developer in Milan (Italy)
    Former Contractor - Software Developer in Milan (Italy)

I worked at Deloitte as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Big national project, attractive customer

Cons

Work plan, Missing activities management, Best practice not applied, Work time, Slavery, Arrogance, fake People value

Change mind on IT projects