Deloitte

www.deloitte.com

Deloitte has enabled me to build the skills and experiences to be successful in management consulting and beyond.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Washington, DC (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1) Interesting business questions and situations: we have the opportunity to work with our clients on many of their most interesting and challenging issues.

2) Apprenticeship-driven culture: leaders take the time during project work and beyond to help build skills and expertise in the staff.

3) Diverse roles and projects: the goal of many people out of undergrad and grad school entering consulting is to try out various types of work and industries, Deloitte has absolutely afforded me that opportunity to learn and explore before specializing.

4) Incredibly talented and fun staff: probably the single thing that makes me love my job is the staff I get to work with day to day. Bright, talented and definitely pass the 'airplane' test of fun to be around.

Cons

The biggest challenge, and often the reason I've seen peers move into other roles, is the amount of travel. While there are non-client facing roles that allow you to be at home, the client-facing side of the business requires frequent travel to work on-site with our clients. This can mean long periods of time away from home.

Other Reviews for Deloitte

Challenging and high demand services organization, with exposure to talented and intelligent professionals

Current Employee - Manager  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exposure to brilliant professionals, with deep industry experience and commitment to excellence
    Much better pay than other Federal consulting firms
    Cash bonuses
    Generous paid time off and benefits
    Good job mobility - able to choose your own career path fairly independently

Cons

Training requirements are tough: 40 hours per year
    Very pressure filled job atmosphere - there is an unspoken mentality of "up or out", meaning get promoted, or get laid off.
    Performance Reviews are cumbersome - semi-annual reviews, plus reviews after all projects (a project is defined as work greater than 80 hours). A lot of time is spent either submitting own evaluations, or providing feedback for others

amazing job

Former Employee - Auditor  in  Madrid (Spain)
    Former Employee - Auditor in Madrid (Spain)

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than a year

Pros

love the ambient, the people, the bosses and the quality of the work done!

Cons

salary and benefits, schedule, low international options, food not included in the compensation package

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!