Deloitte

www.deloitte.com
  www.deloitte.com
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Best of the Big 4

Current Employee - ERS Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - ERS Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Quite simply, I'm challenged every day to so something different. As a professional services firm, obviously client interaction is the primary job and it's fascinating to me to interact with myriad different kinds of people of companies. The firm does all kinds of client service work, so there's probably some kind of interesting work for anyone interested in the firm. Excuse me if I sound a little "rah rah Deloitte" but the firm takes good care of me and lets me do work I enjoy with people I respect and care about. "The people" is something Deloitte uses as a selling point in recruiting and I do beleive it's more than just hype. The people at Deloitte are bright, motivated, team players. I've worked on a multitude of different projects and made good friends internally at every one. I also have to give special mention to the internal feedback system. Professionals at every level are encouraged to use a formal scorecard system to get feedback from their colleagues about what they're doing and how they can do it better. The scorecards are an invaluable tool for improving job performance.

Cons

This kind of work isn't for everyone. It took me 6 months in the firm before i really found a kind of work I enjoy, and nearly half of the recruiting class I started with have moved on within 2 years. The hours can be long and the travel times can be high. You have to be willing to be a mobile worker. I don't have a desk of my own, and whenever I'm in the home office, I have to reserve space ahead of time.

Senior management does a good job of obfuscating the promotion and compensation adjustment processes. While the feedback process is outstanding, it's hard to tell how that translates back into promotions and raises.

6578 Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte (View Most Recent)

go deloitte!

Current Employee - Audit Staff  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Audit Staff in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

A firm with a great name that can be invaluable for your career. Whether you stay in public accounting or decide to go into industry, the big 4 experience you will receive at Deloitte will open up more opportunities for you in the future.

Also, the people who work at Deloitte, especially in the LA office, are easy-going and fun people to just hang out with, even outside of work. This was one of the main reasons I chose Deloitte over competing firms during recruiting.

Cons

The hours will probably be the thing that people complain about most when working for a big 4 public accounting firm. The long hours, combined with the lack of paid overtime, might be reasons for some people to avoid big 4 firms.

N/A

Hard work, long hours = great career and business experience

Current Employee - Consulting Manager  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Consulting Manager in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Working at Deloitte offers practitioners business experience across multiple industries, an opportunity to learn new skills quickly (on the job experience), and highly interesting work opportunities that can change as often as once to four times a year as you move from project to project.

Cons

As with any big 4 consulting firm, practitioners are expected to put in long hours, travel to client sites (car or air travel), which can be difficult on families.

more timely feedback to employees, more mentorship, and more recognition that is NOT based on office nominations...

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!