Dell

www.dell.com
  www.dell.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dell

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Programmer Manager in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Current Employee - Programmer Manager in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Dell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Collaboration is what makes DELL such an interesting place to work.

Cons

Could do with using just one specific PMP process

Try to keep the re-orgs to a minimum, 1 a year is a bit much

3838 Other Employee Reviews for Dell (View Most Recent)

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Solutions Architecture Consultant in Fort Collins, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Solutions Architecture Consultant in Fort Collins, CO (US)

I have been working at Dell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Like most large companies, I've had multiple managers during my first year employed by Dell. However, despite diffrences in management technique, the three manages seemed to present the same direction and team goals, which was nice. Dell is also making good acquisitions: Quest, wyse, sonicWall, AppAssure, etc to help leverage our delivery capabilities. And we have strong strategic alliances with VMware, microsoft and BMC Software to name a few.

Cons

Travel requirement can be difficult, and personal life is easily sacrificed to maintain customer satisfaction.

Help employees to grow within their job familes by evangelizing promotion from within along with training to develop and keep determined and strong employees.

Running on Dog Years, but Very good Company

Current Employee - Senior Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Dell full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are many chances to learn a lot inside Dell. The career opportunities are fine. Another good thing at Dell is the exposure to big projects (more than 10M USD) with a lot of resources working globally. The work environment and ethics at Dell are excellent, one of the best companies I ever work on that area.

Cons

On the negative side, Dell is not a very organized company, with a lot of red tape all over it. It seems the company grew too fast. Also, it is difficult to get cooperation from other teams internally. The work-life balance is not ideal, with some work required extra-hours - sometimes just because of the red-tape that did not allowed you to execute your job at time.

Need to work on reduce red tape

There are newer employer reviews for Dell