There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

Great Experience

I have been working at DeVry University

Pros

Part-time teaching job. Minimal prep work required for math. Salary is excellent compared to many other adjunct type positions. With PhD $3600 per 7.5 week class. The class meets twice per week for 4 hours each session.

Cons

Most of the students are not college ready. Somewhat equivalent to teaching middle school or high school level,

378 Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University (View Most Recent)

Short Lived

Former Employee - Student Success Coach
    Former Employee - Student Success Coach

I worked at DeVry University full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay! My pay was awesome, loved it. The work was do-able. I loved the students and my interaction with them. Company had good benefits. I was starting to use my education benefits....BUT

Cons

I got laid off after 9 months! And i had to choose between my severance and never working for Devry again- messed up! I didn't take the severance thinking I could get back, not even giving me a interview!? Managers and senior staff get raises only. Speaking up can get you in trouble.

None, because they don't listen anyways. They do nothing but walk around all day and "act" busy. At the end of the day, they are the ones that get the raises and lay off hard workers.

Another Disaster

Former Employee - All Previously Or Currently Employed  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - All Previously Or Currently Employed in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at DeVry University full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Same as previously stated, outstanding and dedicated staff, nothing more to say about the lack of current management.

Cons

They've all been mentioned before, this would be redundant and not productive.

Maybe you could learn something from Carnival?

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

Worked for DeVry University? Contribute to the Community!