There are newer employer reviews for Datameer

Great company in a great space of big data analytics

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

I have been working at Datameer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Market leading company that is continually pushing innovation in analytics. Very unique technology approach gives a competitive advantage against all of the wannabes coming to the space. Datameer is moving fast but with a vision to leverage Hadoop and make analytics available to lost more business people. Great place to work, great team attitude and its fun working with the extended team around the world and with customers.

Cons

None really, the market is moving fast so its challenging but that is what a leading startup is all about.

Keep focused on the vision and keep pushing to make customers successful and the rest will take care of itself.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Datameer (View Most Recent)

Enjoy where you work. You spend most of your day there.

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Halle, Saxony-Anhalt (Germany)
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Halle, Saxony-Anhalt (Germany)

I have been working at Datameer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People oriented - Datameer works with you to make sure that you can concentrate on your work. That might mean leaving early, working a different schedule or getting married in the office. But we truly care about our colleagues.
    Great people - I've made great friends at Datameer, at other places I've always just had 'colleagues'.
    Constant learning - I've learned more at this job than anywhere else. There are always people around who are ready to help if you ever have a question. Every month we have a 'geekOut' where we work on furthering our knowledge of topics we don't use at work every day.
    Great amenities - Coffee, foosball table, massages, language lessons.

Cons

Geographic distance - Our team is spread out across two continents. This can sometimes make communications difficult. One party either needs to get up very early or the other party needs to stay at work till very late.

Awesome product, and high growth.

I have been working at Datameer full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The product is awesome. It is well developed, reliable, and they keep upgrading and adding to it. They have had 5 versions released in 4.5 years, and every version has brought major functionality increases with it.

The people here are very smart, don't take themselves too seriously and like to have fun.

They have moved to a very nice office in the Mission. It is about a 8 minute walk from the 16th/Mission BART stop. Very accessible, and the building is beautiful.

You can tell they are about to go into a high growth mode here. There are a lot of new faces around, and with the new product release allowing our companies users to use Datameer on any size job the opportunities are seemingly endless here.

They also believe in hiring to peoples potential, and are committed to developing their employee's.

I also have had numerous interactions with the CEO and have not seen any of the behavior mentioned on here from a the review in 2012. I don't believe that is any longer a consideration for employment here.

Cons

They are not super perk heavy, which is ok, but having a few bean bag chairs or comfy places to sit in the office would go a long way.

The only bumps here are caused by growing pains, and that is a good thing.

A great perk would be a wifi hotspot for each employee to use as they commute into the city. Many of us commute via public transit, and would like to be able to check email, get ready for the day while commuting.

There are newer employer reviews for Datameer