There are newer employer reviews for Darden

Fun, engaging place to work with an openness to hear different points of view from all levels

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Orlando, FL (US)
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Darden

Pros

Environment, culture and people are the strongest point for Darden.

Cons

Due to ensuring that the right people are hired and don't become overweight in staff, the company does have an intensive interview process and career growth can be slower. However, I feel that it's well worth the time when you enjoy your time at work.

reviews filtered by
  1. Professionally unsatisfying with little opportunity for advancement.

Current Employee - Server in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Server in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Darden

Pros

The job is fine if food service your career choice. The money is good and the job is relatively secure in these tough economic times.

Cons

There is little opportunity for advancement. Job satisfaction is low when you feel like you are in a dead end job.

Advice to Management

Lighten up on some of the rules regarding breaks, eating, and drinking. Few people really want to be in the food service industry. Taking away some of the perks is bad for moral and may eventually lead to defiance. Even though it is an employers market, turnover is likely to increase.

2. Spoken Down To

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT (US)

I have been working at Darden

Pros

Great benefits. Darden offers excellent health insurance to all employees and willingness to work around student schedules. Good money. Great staff. Very organized.

Cons

Some managers feel like they are the king of the castle and create a hostile work environment. Scheduling isn't consistent. Definate favoritism.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees like they have the possibility to grow. Respect you employees. If you are busy...so are we. Tend to be quick to think we have time to deal with management problems

There are newer employer reviews for Darden