There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Promised a great opportunity, provided a lie

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great tech's that work hard everyday. Four day work week. Great direct Managment. Ok pay.

Cons

Techs are overloaded pay a dispatch computer that sends them all over the map with dispatchers who don't care. Upper management screams about points per hour but says the dispatch system doesn't have anything to do with it. Upper management tells lower to do things that are completely unrealistic. Wants van layouts that Dont work And then want to punish techs for not having their vans to layout. Consistently raise monthly goals for sales that techs have to meet and threaten to write them up if they don't meet the goals. Meanwhile, they are trying to finish 7 jobs and bring some of those jobs up to standard that subcontractors did wrong. Providing insurance that is useless unless you get in to a major accident but charge you $150 a paycheck to have it. Upper management doesn't care what their lower managers have to say. They will tell their IM's and FSM's one thing one day and another the next. Get angry when they didn't accomplish goals when the goals were not reachable to begin with. Upper management doesn't care now nor will they ever care about the techs. If a manager shows any kind of loyalty to a tech, that manager is singled out and they find a way to punish him. To show you the integrity of the company. When Dish was listed "As the worst company to work for" all of our managers received e mails from The Colorado home office stating. Please go to Glassdoor.com and tell everyone how wonderful it is to work here at Dish. That may be true in Colorado, in the field elsewhere however, no. Run far and run fast. Just don't run to here.....

Listen to the people who are actually in the field doing the job. Don't threaten people or make them feel like they don't matter but tell them to treat others like gold. Train people better so they don't get in to the field and get lost. You can't expect people to do a good job without providing the tools

1753 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Dish is not for the easily winded.

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I  in  Norman, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist I in Norman, OK (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay, benefits, and opportunity for advancement. A lot of interaction with all likes of people. You don't have a manager up your a... all day long.

Cons

Long work days, normally about 10 hours a day but it could be in excess of 15 hours in a day. I only have to work 4 days a week at the moment because my office is over their quota for techs. However, if it drops below the quota then you may be required to work mandatory 5th days.

Hire more qualified management.

Could be worse (e.g. unemployment)

Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay checks don't bounce. Solid work flow. Company is not okay with being average; always looking to the future and how to be better than the rest. Vast resources to get the job done.

Cons

Core hours. Unable to work remotely. Very out dated policies and procedures, and a lot of red tape to achieve goals.

The wireless possibility is creating quite an internal buzz. Look to your existing employees to staff the new opportunity and reinvigorate them. We now live in a mobile world, with call forwarding and VPN; look to provide work at home days and allow us to be the adults we are.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!