Where are the improvements?

Current Employee - Loyalty Agent  in  Thornton, CO (US)
Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Customers and coworkers. You do get paid so I guess that could be considered a pro. A 20 word minimum is hard to reach in the pro section.

Cons

New CEO sent out a memo saying that the benefits package will be improved... Never happened. Terrible insurance! Chain of command is useless. They fire the good agents and coaches, and keep incompetent people. Too much pressure to reach "metrics". AHT, upsell, QA, CSAT and FCR. What happened to customer service? Now we even get put on a naughty list if we give too many credits to customers. Constant fear of being fired for any reason at any time. Dish is not even remotely a "great place to work".

Better benefits. We need affordable insurance, not cruises and cars. Don't give us "talking points" and not give us time to use them. Handle time should not come into play when your job is to save customers. Your agents are disconnecting great customers just to lower their AHT. How can you be so blind? Have your agents review their coaches. You might just learn something.

Other Reviews for DISH

Stuff Rolls Downhill

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Green Bay, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Green Bay, WI (US)

I worked at DISH as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Innovative products at relatively low prices compared to the competition. More programming choices, including international programming that competitors don't have. Call center offered four 10-hour day schedule, which was nice.

Cons

Hired by AEI, the DISH installation agency for most of Wisconsin and Michigan. No training other than listening in with another agent for a day. Minimal training materials. Had to make my own binder of job aides on equipment, programming, and policies. Was instructed to not assist customers if AEI had not been out to residence in over 60 days, even if it was something easy to fix. Had to transfer calls to 'Senior Technical Advisor' at DISH. Techs had it worse. Worked 6 days a week, 10-12 hour days. Was instructed not to record any kind of negative comments from customers about service installers (being late, rude, unprofessional, etc.) where DISH could see them. Instead, we had to pass comments on to supervisors who would, allegedly, pass them onto office managers. Apparently, they were afraid of the wrath of DISH, too. Call center managers just sat in their office all day looking busy, interacting with agents too infrequently, rarely having anything helpful to say. Worst work experience of my 25 year work history.

Show some respect for your customers and employees and maybe you'll create a better professional reputation for yourself. But since the word 'respect' is an alien concept to you, I doubt you ever will.

Get the dish on Dish

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good product, understanding technicians, and a familiar brand name good to put on the resume considering its' Fortune 500 status.

Cons

The prototype of a hostile work environment. You will have your performance second guessed on a regular basis. Covert and overt threats are so dominant within the culture you become a victim of Stockholm, to some extent. Expecting and even sympathizing with them. A systematic process of browbeating even the best of your work, to the point of emotional exhaustion.

Unreasonable hours, constant demands that require immediate turnarounds will psychologically impact you if remaining there long term.

The culture is abusive and is indicative of a hostile work environment.

Just so you know, I was in middle management, with no write ups, and under par performance reviews. If you can at all avoid it, do not accept a position at this company. They will undervalue and demoralize you in every way possible.

I can't give any. Simply because the terror is a top down approach. They are only following instructions, robotic and fearful of their own outcome if they do not comply.

From an overall macro perspective, I would rip the entire executive management team a mound of pink slips, bring in other management from top shelf companies, and bring healing and restoration to the organizational structure. It is fruit from the poisonous tree.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!