Worst Company to Work for

I worked at DISH full-time

Pros

Flexibility, freedom, meeting new people

Cons

Dish does not value their employees, never any positive feedback from management, made to feel that the job you do is never good enough. Terrible communication and always a blindside.

Positive reinforcement goes a long way and so does trust.

Other Reviews for DISH

Worst pay rate

Current Employee - Matterial Hendler  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Matterial Hendler in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is no reazon to work for dish..

Cons

The pay rate for reciving people is really bad, for all the work they do that is really ridiculos. Is a heavy job whit multiple tasks

Increase the pay rate, is really sad that it will take ous more than 5 years to make a dicent pay. Pay more attention to the peopple that is working hard in the warehouse, if you don't treat good your employes, i don't think you will do it whith the costumers.

Good company...but could be better

Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II  in  Grain Valley, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Field Service Specialist II in Grain Valley, MO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working for Dish. I get guaranteed overtime in the spring and summer and depending on workloads even in fall and winter. Usually only have to work four days a week most the year. Get to work unsupervised. Being a remote technician get to keep van and equipment at home. Get to something "different" every day and meet different people every day.

Cons

The metrics which techs get bonuses is very flawed.

-Connectivity: In this technological world a lot of people are using their phones to create hotspots to get on the internet, which we cannot connect to. Or people only have limited data usage on satellite internet which our systems just eat right through the usage allowance.

-TC Rates: I don't fully blame the CSRs but some make it seem like if they cannot appease a customer over the phone or take a little time to try and troubleshoot over the phone they send a tech, which hits us with trouble calls (TC). Even something as simple as changing inputs on the tv or changing the batteries on the remote.

Benefits are awful. For myself and my two children I half to spend $140 every two weeks for the better medical insurance. I require medication and it costs me $125 every two weeks for one vial until I meet the deductible. The cost of the medication before insurance is $300. My last two jobs only required me to pay $70 every three months for six vials.

Improve the metrics of PI. Maybe remove connectivity. Investing in looking after the CSRs require notes or CSR names like the techs are to followup on bogus trouble calls. Otherwise great company.

Find better insurance

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!