DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

sweatshop labor 2.0

Former Employee - Installation Technician in Green Bay, WI (US)
Former Employee - Installation Technician in Green Bay, WI (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

they will hire anyone with a pulse

Cons

•Pay is as unclear as the hours you will work. I was never able to figure out how they were paying me even when i was hourly. If you figure in the cost of commuting to the far out location of the base and it your tool rental cost, expect make below minimum wage for at least 2 years
•Expect "bad dog" training tactics. anytime anything goes wrong and it will everyday they will find a way to lower your pay for the following month as a form of reprimanding you for something that may or may not be your fault.
•Hours worked make it an extremely unsafe work enviroment. All the techs look like they ae trying out for a part on The Walking Dead. My trainer veared off the road many times sacaring the !@&* out of me.

Try hiring robots.

Ive never seen a more out of touch regional manager. Nothing can be said here to get it through to them that the DISH contract for techs is in dire need of repair.

Working anywhere else will be better. McDonnalds Burger King, anything is better than DISH

1883 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

bad company

Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Knoxville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Dish Network Installer in Knoxville, TN (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great pay if you jump through every single hoop and dont have bad luck with customers who call in bullcrap trouble calls on you.

Cons

if a customer damages or alters their system, if they disconnect something/get a new tv or if the equipment goes bad or any such thing like this... they will call dish.. dish will build a trouble call.. which gets your paycheck docked.. matters not at all if it was in ANY way your fault.

Pay your employees right (not saying more, just saying right). Train CSR reps not to build bullcrap trouble calls just to avoid the service call fee fight with the customer. This simple step will stop HALF your turnover rate.

every day there I was thinking of quitting

Former Employee - Manager in Pine Brook, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Pine Brook, NJ (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

career advancement, good parking lot

Cons

strange decisions made by management

1. don't be so stingy