There are newer employer reviews for DISH

It's a job

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I like my fellow co workers and the technology is the best.

Cons

Well last week a report came out that said dish was the meanest company to work for and I have to agree. Now all of the sudden our CEO asked us to write positive reviews on here so I have been laughing at all these new comments. They must have gotten a perk for saying nice things. This place is a joke. It is cheap, micro managed, and scatter brained. Most managers don't have a clue but they get promoted because they have friends in upper management. They expect you to pay everything up front no matter the cost. We only get 10 dollars for lunch and 20 for dinner, so never expect a quality meal. Please do yourself a favor and never apply for a job here. Don't listen to those corporate guys praising this company. It isn't true

It doesn't matter what you say. Nothing will change. Joe Clayton talks a big game , but that's about it. He doesn't care about you or your family. Maybe one day the company will get better but until then congrats on being named worst company to work for and meanest company in the us. That's what you worked for and now you got it.

1792 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Too scared to say much

I worked at DISH

Pros

They have the friendliness of a high school clique. Wonderfully accepting at first.

Cons

Once you have worked for a few months, DISH comes down on you HARD. Every little mistake is penalized, either in public if you are in front of enough fellow employees, or in private. If you tell anyone that you were reprimanded, you are written up for "reducing company morale". I was written up for crying after I found a razor in my purse. After showing management the razor, they claimed....well, let's just say I kept future objects planted in my desk or files secret, and I'm not about to change that now. DISH instilled the fear in me to keep my mouth shut.

Don't write up employees for having the courage to confess about being harassed.

They just don't care about their employees.

Current Employee - FSS IV
    Current Employee - FSS IV

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a technician, it is good pay. Have three days off(although there are rumors that might change).

Cons

Their way or the highway mentality of management. They seem to think very house is exactly the same therefore every install should be the same. You get blamed for things that are out of your control. Because of that you lose incentive money. Long hours. When you get home, all you have time to do is eat and then go to sleep. Managements response is, "you're getting paid per hour, so just do it." "It is what it is." Upper management just cares about the numbers. Benefits are horrible and expensive.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH