It's a job

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I like my fellow co workers and the technology is the best.

Cons

Well last week a report came out that said dish was the meanest company to work for and I have to agree. Now all of the sudden our CEO asked us to write positive reviews on here so I have been laughing at all these new comments. They must have gotten a perk for saying nice things. This place is a joke. It is cheap, micro managed, and scatter brained. Most managers don't have a clue but they get promoted because they have friends in upper management. They expect you to pay everything up front no matter the cost. We only get 10 dollars for lunch and 20 for dinner, so never expect a quality meal. Please do yourself a favor and never apply for a job here. Don't listen to those corporate guys praising this company. It isn't true

It doesn't matter what you say. Nothing will change. Joe Clayton talks a big game , but that's about it. He doesn't care about you or your family. Maybe one day the company will get better but until then congrats on being named worst company to work for and meanest company in the us. That's what you worked for and now you got it.

Other Reviews for DISH

DishTastic!

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Hilliard, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Hilliard, OH (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity if one has the right attitude and energy. The corporate culture is improving rapidly. Joe Clayton has brought fresh energy and a positive attitude. Upper Management has clearly heard the concerns and is responding; the new LEAD program is generating a lot of excitement around leadership development. Dish has a lot of very passionate people. I am confident that my boss really wants to see me succeed, both personally and professionally. I know that my input is valued and my opinions are respected.

Cons

It would be nice if we had a big enough facility to have a dedicated desk for every agent.

Visit the call centers more often. Stay longer than three hours. It's been my experience that how I choose to spend my time gives a pretty accurate representation of my priorities.

My experience at DISH is mostly positive and trending even better.

Current Employee - Territory Account Representative
    Current Employee - Territory Account Representative

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

I work with good people who care about customers and each other. I like working for a pioneering and innovative company with really cool products and services. I have the opportunity to be creative in my job. I think the pay is good, for where I live, and the number of vacation days is very good, considering I don't live in France. With the prospect of DISH entering the mobile data and voice marketplace in the near future, I believe there is a ton of opportunity for growth with this company. Increasingly upper managment is acting on more suggestions from employees at all levels and that is improving the company.

Cons

The health insurance is not something I am particularly satsfied with at this time, though management has ackowledged the issue and expressed a commitment to make it better. Parking is an issue at some locations because DISH employs a lot of people.

Just like we strive to be the best in video, and soon mobile data and voice, we should become the best in employee safety and health, across all departments. This would be extremely positive for employees as well as shareholders, and would allow us to better serve our customers.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!