There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Does not meet expectations

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist  in  Aztec, NM (US)
Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Aztec, NM (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some medical, dental, and vision benefits.

Cons

Your team can be number one in your region. Your warehouse pass audits with 100%. Go 461 days without an accident. Damage claims less than $50.00 for two years running. Have the team make over 6.4 points an hour everyday for 160 days, and if you get an evaluation on job performance "Does not meet Expectations".

I still have some ear to what is currently happening in the region. Your rating of worst company by customers and by employees will not change no matter how many times to tell the employees you are working to make things better. Clean house like you should have 5 years ago. VP''s down.

1765 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Sales Manager

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

Dish is a company that offers plentiful opportunities for young people to start careers. In five years, I have been promoted multiple times. Yes it is a competitive environment, but I am in sales. Most companies with similar positions offer only commission based earnings, Dish offers a very decent base salary and has commission on top of it. Naturally with a guaranteed salary there will be demands for performance, but I think Dish gets a bad rap for two reasons: One, we hire a lot of young people right out of college that are not familiar with a sales environment and are used to hourly, service oriented positions. People that work for Pharma sales know they can rack up big commissions but also know they can be fired the instant they do not hit numbers, so when that happens nobody pitches a fit. Our young employees come in with an expectation that there is a minimum requirement list that they just need to meet in order to be secure in their jobs, but this is sales and results/growth matter. Two, being just out of college, there is an expectation of being overly praised for simply doing what is expected, an 'A' for effort, and there is an expectation of a 'finish line'. Dish is about constant improvement and growth, so having one solid accomplishment does not entitle you to slack off for a week, it is not like finishing a semester at school and getting a winter/summer break, this is the real world. We have a solid base of recent graduates, some of whom thrive with the opportunities to show their value and rise within the company, but some wash out at the shock of actual performance expectations. Being a generation that is particularly savvy at social media, you are going to hear a lot from the young washouts; Dish is a great company for those willing to work hard and move up, but opportunities are not handed out, you have to set YOURSELF apart. We have a solid future ahead of us and things are constantly changing and advancing and you have to be adaptable to keep up, that is the nature of the industry and the only way the company will continue to be successful. I for one am grateful for the opportunities Dish has given me.

Cons

If you don't use your vacation time periodically/wisely, you can burn yourself out.

Senior IT Professional who really likes working at Dish.

I have been working at DISH

Pros

I've worked here for 5 years. When i first started things were as bad as people are saying here. But we've had quite a few changes in the upper management in IT causing things to improve greatly. My career has mostly been in banking IT. IT departments all over require lots of over time, and plenty of stress. What's different here is, i don't feel that kind of stress. It's a lot more fun and we're doing some really neat things.
    As far as compensation, i think it's better than most places. I've tried applying for a similiar job at other companies but they didn't want to pay as much as I make here.

Cons

There are far too many people out there that worked at Dish when conditions were bad. I can only guess that they are the ones making these bad reviews.

Keep up the changes and new and exciting projects.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!