There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Does not meet expectations

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Aztec, NM (US)
Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Aztec, NM (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some medical, dental, and vision benefits.

Cons

Your team can be number one in your region. Your warehouse pass audits with 100%. Go 461 days without an accident. Damage claims less than $50.00 for two years running. Have the team make over 6.4 points an hour everyday for 160 days, and if you get an evaluation on job performance "Does not meet Expectations".

I still have some ear to what is currently happening in the region. Your rating of worst company by customers and by employees will not change no matter how many times to tell the employees you are working to make things better. Clean house like you should have 5 years ago. VP''s down.

1811 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Exciting, Challenging, Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Executive
    Current Employee - Executive

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

DISH is not for everyone. But, if you want excitement, intellectual challenge, and opportunity, there are very few places better than DISH. I have worked at DISH for over 7 years and have not had a single boring day. Seeing DISH grow, take risks, and plan for its future success makes me want to come to work everyday. I really like the people I work with; and achieving results for the company makes our team stronger and even more motivated. DISH is not the place for hand holding, warm and fuzzy pep talks, free food, or other "perks." It is about running a successful business. Plain and simple. It is the best job I've ever had. Although you will work hard at DISH, you can have a life outside of work.

Cons

Some of the recognized downsides have been acknowledged by our new CEO, Joe Clayton, and the management team is working to improve on these areas.

The Hard Working DISH Employee View

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Recently I read an article released in BusinessWeek.com and I was taken back. I think I am so blown away by not just the article but all past "worst place to work" reviews due to the fact that I am a son of entrepreneurs and actually come from a long line of small and medium size business owners. Business, smart business thinking has been instilled in me from childhood. While most children listen to their parent s complain about their bosses and overtime hours worked I overheard stressful/serious conversations about making payroll, overhead, tax deductions, hiring, benefit choices for employees, process, procedures, manual creation, state mandatory certificates, business licenses and other stressful things that fall on a business owner’s shoulders that most do not realize it takes to keep a business floating. It amazes me how much bad feedback has been produced about DISH in a time when the job market and economic down turn are at their highest. DISH has created jobs for tens of thousands of people while maintaining brand awareness, new product market entry and creating no bad debt when doing business. This screams job security in a time when companies are in debt, going bankrupt, laying off employees and are not/will not hire during these hard times. The last time I checked DISH has plenty of positions open for positions from entry level all the way to higher executive positions. I have seen people hired and chosen for positions at DISH based on both experience and/or education with little discrimination for one or the other. The company is about results and number 1, the customer. Speaking from experience I am a perfect example of someone who had been laid off during the economic downturn, was hired by DISH and has now been promoted 3 times within 4.3 years being with the company. I hold no Masters or Doctorate for the industry I am in or for the work I do. However I have been rewarded for hard work and results. I will share that my salary has gone up 50+% since day 1 at the company including benefits combined with additional commission/bonus opportunities on top of salary during a time when other companies/corporations are going bankrupt and not hiring, God bless you DISH! It is comical to read how miserable people are or how horrible it is to work at DISH however you only read about 1 phase/period where there were layoffs/terminations at DISH in these articles. I would like to see a comparison of DISH layoffs/terminations due to the fact the company has no money to pay or that a section of DISH is going “under”. When DISH performed its "talent upgrades" it wasn't to save a buck, it also seems that we have been performing bigger and better since. DISH is a great place to work if you want job security at a company where you do not have to fear it going under. If you wish to be part of a winning team that will continue to make smart business decisions for the greater good benefiting the company as a whole than DISH is for you. Smart business is great business. I take pride in the fact that I am part of a team that contributes to smart business creating company and job security for all.

Cons

Travel expenses, car rentals, hotels, etc (excluding flights) are placed on personal credit cards and expensed. Although expense reports are a normal corporate practice most companies have employee’s expense meals only or pay a daily rate for meals during travel days. For road warriors placing hotels, car rentals, fuel and meals fills up credit cards fast while accumulating interest. It would benefit DISH a great deal to place hotels, car rentals and fuel on company credit cards built in to a travel tool or employee issued credit cards while paying a daily rate for meals on the employees next check. It would also take loads of stress off their travelers selling their incredible product. Be sure to get yourself a minimum of a $5,000 limit on your personal credit card(s) and be sure to fill out those expense reports every week so you do not get receive hundreds (potentially thousands) in interest fees if you will be traveling for DISH. That’s my only con.

Keep doing a great job!