Does not meet expectations

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist  in  Aztec, NM (US)
Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Aztec, NM (US)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some medical, dental, and vision benefits.

Cons

Your team can be number one in your region. Your warehouse pass audits with 100%. Go 461 days without an accident. Damage claims less than $50.00 for two years running. Have the team make over 6.4 points an hour everyday for 160 days, and if you get an evaluation on job performance "Does not meet Expectations".

I still have some ear to what is currently happening in the region. Your rating of worst company by customers and by employees will not change no matter how many times to tell the employees you are working to make things better. Clean house like you should have 5 years ago. VP''s down.

Other Reviews for DISH

Advance Tech Support/Customer Service

Current Employee - Advance Tech Support/Customer Service
    Current Employee - Advance Tech Support/Customer Service

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been with dish 8.5 years. I feel that this is a great place to work. Yes, Dish tells you what they expect of you, but they also provide tools to help you acheive the goals set forth. Training,management, and computer tools are all available to help you be successful with dish as an employee. Promotions are made available to everyone...,how far do you want to go or how hard do you want to make your job,hr and management has always encouraged moving on up!!!! A year ago health issues kept me from work for a couple of months,not dish's fault,my team let the people of my call center know I needed help and people that I may not even have met stepped up like family to help.I for 1 am proud to say I am part of the Dish family,that's how I see my fellow employees and upper management, as family and in a normal family issues do arise but if we work to fix those issues together, then the bumps get smoothed out. I wonder where all of the negative comments about work are coming from,I think the best place to work for must be giving the employees something from nothing and those are probably the businesses that go under and lay off people,helping the overall econemy to fail.I say why leave dish and fail somewhere else? Is dish perfect?,tell me what company is?In the meantime,I will stay with my family and work hard to acheive the family's goal and keep a good productive life going.I choose not to be in management and wanted to see at least 1 good comment posted from some place other than management or corporate.We are a great family!!!

Cons

I have none because if I don't use my available sources made available to me, it is my choice to fail or succeed!!!

Just keep the open door policies and listen to even the newest of employees questions or suggestions.

The Dish springboard

Current Employee - Help Desk Coordinator  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Help Desk Coordinator in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked for Dish twice and survived. The first time was a trial by fire, but definitely for my own benefit. It was my first tech position, handling technical support and customer service. It was not easy, It was a struggle every day to go back, but it was a test for me to see how long I could last. I may have only lasted six months in the front lines, but it gave me the experience and capabilities to advance my career into higher level positions abroad. Each company I went to after I left Dish saw my experience in technical support as a valuable asset to their organization. As my career advanced, and time passed, I saw another position at Dish that I was perfect for, and envisioned the opportunity as a gateway into higher level positions. I spent the first six months as a contract in IT and was hired on full time. My team is a collection of the most amazing individuals I have ever worked with and I am proud to come to work every day and associate myself with people strong enough to thrive in "The Worst Company in America". After all, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, and if I ever chose to leave Dish again? I think I could take on any company in stride.

Cons

Micromanagement is a small problem when it comes to large scale projects and communication seems to be "need to know" in certain circumstances, but from my experience, its a current trend in companies I have worked for and does not reflect negatively on work culture at Dish.

A little freedom goes a long way. I hear people complain about core hours, smoking restrictions, and limited advancement possiblilities for certain teams. I think if people felt like the company was there to help, people would invest more energy into improving the work environment.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!