There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worst place in America to work... Yes

Current Employee - Dr Dish/Broadband in Hilliard, OH (US)
Current Employee - Dr Dish/Broadband in Hilliard, OH (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are always looking to hire and give hours. I'm really struggling to think of another positive thing to say.

Cons

This company doesn't care about you and doesn't pretend to care. Wither employee customer or both they care more about your money than you. Profits before customers, customers before employees. There is always this feeling that they are looking to replace you. I have been with dish for 3 years and by their stats have been rated as one of the top agents at my site. They work me long hours and seem to not understand if you can't or don't want to work over time. I'm at a call center and they are not afraid to tell you that you are replaceable. They can't keep employees and have a high turn over rate for so many reasons. Their training is poor and they blame the employees for not knowing the job. Then when they get to where i am they find how bad training is up to this point. Them the people that do have experience have to explain why it took five people to fix their simple issue. They continuously and to your job without a raise, and little to no training. One of the big things right now is sales. They are telling people that if you can't get your sales at least 8% or you will be fired. I do tech Support and i find it terrible trying to sell programming to someone that can't get their TV to work. I could say a lot more but i think this is a good start to tell how bad the company is. Oh one more thing. Joe Claton seems to think there is no problem here and told all employees to go on here and wright a review if you like your job. Backfire...

Remember your employees are people too.

1802 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Despite Your Experience You lack Credibility

Current Employee - Good Question Changed and I Was Not Told in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Good Question Changed and I Was Not Told in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Discounted TV Service that is better than Cable

Cons

Micro Management

Quanity VS Quality care for customer is out the window get the number or get

I am an adult and would appreciate to be treated like one!
    Not only have I been passed over for advancment the insulting reasons for being passed over are Master Card moments Price Less.
     It seems that in the entire company I alone have the expertise to sell Bundled Packages.
    With a proven track record of over 90% closing rate and causing a 1% Churn, one would think lets talk to this person asking for input on how to implement this company wide.

Oh no because we started out with impressive "numbers" we don't need your imput in fact becasue you speak your mind "you have lost some of your credibility with Management"

My advice Leave your ego in the parking lot or better yet at home where I leave mine and focus on making this not only a successful business but one that employees feel appreciated!
    And to do this will not cost a lot of money but some

Life in the Fast Lane requires speed.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Opportunities abound. I am able to expand my knowledge in the area I work, this not only helps me but helps DISH as well. I have worked in places in the DTC that did not understand this an am happy to be working here now.

Cons

Currently drive from Colorado Springs. Glad that the company is on the south side of the DTC.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH