There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worst place in America to work... Yes

Current Employee - Dr Dish/Broadband in Hilliard, OH (US)
Current Employee - Dr Dish/Broadband in Hilliard, OH (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are always looking to hire and give hours. I'm really struggling to think of another positive thing to say.

Cons

This company doesn't care about you and doesn't pretend to care. Wither employee customer or both they care more about your money than you. Profits before customers, customers before employees. There is always this feeling that they are looking to replace you. I have been with dish for 3 years and by their stats have been rated as one of the top agents at my site. They work me long hours and seem to not understand if you can't or don't want to work over time. I'm at a call center and they are not afraid to tell you that you are replaceable. They can't keep employees and have a high turn over rate for so many reasons. Their training is poor and they blame the employees for not knowing the job. Then when they get to where i am they find how bad training is up to this point. Them the people that do have experience have to explain why it took five people to fix their simple issue. They continuously and to your job without a raise, and little to no training. One of the big things right now is sales. They are telling people that if you can't get your sales at least 8% or you will be fired. I do tech Support and i find it terrible trying to sell programming to someone that can't get their TV to work. I could say a lot more but i think this is a good start to tell how bad the company is. Oh one more thing. Joe Claton seems to think there is no problem here and told all employees to go on here and wright a review if you like your job. Backfire...

Remember your employees are people too.

1788 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Worst Company that I have ever worked for, money is up and down. Management is INSANE.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

When the money is good it can be good. I am a top sales person at any company I work for, but with Dish I made 2k some weeks. Others I made 400, the sales pay structure is changed every 30 days or so.

Cons

Everything is a Con at Dish. The pay structure is changed so often that you never know what you are getting. Management is crazy, like no other place I have ever worked. I hated every second of working there, I was even promoted several times, but couldn't want to leave. I spent 2 years with this company providing for my family and that is the only reason. I have watched them walk out over 1000 people while I worked there. They never got over 200 sales reps but would fire everyone and anyone. I know of 3 people that quit, while over 1k were fired. Its a terrible place to work. 6 days a week, 11 hours a day, no questions asked or you are fired. You can be a total of 15 minutes late per year. So if you are 10 minutes late 1 day then you have 5 minutes for the rest of the year. No execptions. I watched people get fired because they got in a car wreck, grandma died, it doesn't matter. I never was able to take a sick or vacation day, the entire 2 years. They will not approve any time off. DON'T GO WORK AT DISH. DO ANYTHING ELSE!!!!

Management is the problem. Numbers are the only thing that matters at Dish, but what they don't realize, if they treated sales agents with some respect and gave them normal hours then the reps would produce more sales. They grind them like slaves and after a while everyone breaks. My advice to management would be to, toss out every rule and start over. Copy a company that respects employees and doesn't treat them so poorly. No wonder why you are voted the worst place in the U.S. to work.

Probably the worst job I ever had

Former Employee - Executive At HQ in Englewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Executive At HQ in Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

its in Denver, loved living back in Denver

Cons

HR is out of control and use constructive criticism you give in reviews to your employees as weapons against employees

Lack of accountability or performance measurement. Focus is on minutes in the building instead of results

Learn how to manage HR and make them support the teams as opposed to working against them

Stop being yes men to Charlie when his ideas are not the best corse

There are newer employer reviews for DISH