Could Be Better, Could Be Worse

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative  in  Littleton, CO (US)
Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Littleton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good management (at least in the call center), plenty of training to keep you up to date on what's going on.

Cons

Lazy customer service agents, people not wanting to work. Hard to accomplish payouts based on random metrics we cannot control.

Ease up on the can-be-rigid requirements that are, honestly, unreachable sometimes.

Other Reviews for DISH

DishTastic!

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Hilliard, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Hilliard, OH (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity if one has the right attitude and energy. The corporate culture is improving rapidly. Joe Clayton has brought fresh energy and a positive attitude. Upper Management has clearly heard the concerns and is responding; the new LEAD program is generating a lot of excitement around leadership development. Dish has a lot of very passionate people. I am confident that my boss really wants to see me succeed, both personally and professionally. I know that my input is valued and my opinions are respected.

Cons

It would be nice if we had a big enough facility to have a dedicated desk for every agent.

Visit the call centers more often. Stay longer than three hours. It's been my experience that how I choose to spend my time gives a pretty accurate representation of my priorities.

The best company I have worked for

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

Challenging environment, growth opportunities, & great team cohesion. I hadn't been with the company barely 2 months before I was presenting to EVPs. The managers/directors/VPs I report to often ask for my opinion when it comes time to make a decision and they don't feel they always have to be the one who came up with the idea. Working for Dish challenges me on a daily basis and I feel that I learn something new everyday. Not long after I started at the company I received an offer from another organization that paid significantly more but I didn't hesitate to turn it down because the experience and on the job education I receive at Dish are priceless. Joe Clayton is a visionary leader and it's obvious when he speaks that he cares about his employees.

Cons

Although there is great cohesion within teams there seems to be a disconnect between teams sometimes. It's not uncommon to hear the frustration in the voice of a person from another team when you request their help.

Work on building cohesion between teams and remove the us vs. them mentality that seems to be present between teams.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!