There are newer employer reviews for DISH

DISH can DEFINITELY improve in many areas to make this place more enjoyable

Current Employee - Loyalty Agent  in  Thornton, CO (US)
Current Employee - Loyalty Agent in Thornton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive pay, free dish tv, Paid time off

Cons

Point system for absences or lates. 5 points is what you get for 3 months. 1 point for everyday missed and 1/2 point for every day late or half day off. And by late I mean you get a 5 minute grace period and then 1 minute after that it's a half point. You gain each point back 3 months from when you used it but once you hit 5 that your final warning, miss or late one more time your fired.

Hardly any pay raises. I've been here for over a year and had one pay increase and that was 90 days after hire. Advancing within the company is based metrics. So is pay for performance, where you get commission for your upsells but then if your not perfect on metrics you lose out and the CSAT surveys that customers take, you have no control over, same goes for customers calling in within 3 days of talking to you and AHT... sometimes good customer service takes time!

No holidays off unless your scheduled off. I will give them that my call center was closed on Christmas this year, but not last year. But I had to work on my day off to get New Years, you get holiday pay BUT.... If your 1 minute late from your schedule start, 1 minute late from your lunch and log out less than 1 minute past your shift end, you don't get paid. RIDICULOUS!! AND you have to do that the day before, day of (if scheduled) and the day after. They observe black friday as a holiday but not x-mas eve.

STOP with the point system for absences and lates. Loosen the slack on metrics and on how you QUALIFY for holiday pay. I'm there working on a holiday when a lot of others are not having to work because they close, I should get paid regardless of whether or not I there 5 minutes before or 1 minute late considering it takes 2 minutes to log into the computer. How about pay raises more often like every 6 months.

1764 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Looking for excitement and career growth? DISH is where it is at!

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Sioux City, IA (US)
    Current Employee - General Manager in Sioux City, IA (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with the company for 10 years. I started with the company in 2002 as a Field Service Specialist 1 and currently hold the position of General Manager. This company has come a long way in customer service and employee appreciation providing multiple benefits for both. At every level that I have progressed I have been challenged and excited about the vision and direction we are headed as a team. The career growth here at Dish is only limited by your own motivation to succeed and challenge yourself. If you're a team player and believe in internal and external customer service, skys the limit.

Cons

Cons? Here at Dish you receive great benefits, paid training, and a ladder to grow your career. I have always seen Cons as an opportunity to find solutions and Dish encourages this type of mindset. Con: Now, there are some long hours in any position you have here at dish if your dedicated to improve. So If I had any wishes to present it would be that success would come with little work, little time and I could spend more time in the woods hunting. You cannot WIN without the dedication of the team and that takes time and sacrifice. Are you that person?

In the last several years you have done a stand up job at reaching out to the front line employees to really grasp what the obstacles are to productivity and customer service. You have taken feedback and implemented countless ideas from technicians and Field Management and for this I applaud you. As a company we have even taken a deeper look at how to improve the leadership training to get to the source of some of the complaints. Keep researching and improving as you have been. A solid Leadership team that believes in the development, support and success of our employees will be a major key factor to our continued success.

The rollercoaster of life

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been here many years and have been able to move up into better positions many times.
    Great people work here
    Its a paycheck and I think Joe C is making things better

Cons

pay does not seem very competitive
    expectations between all of the managers are not consistent
    it is not what you know but rather who you know

appreciate your employees and make sure they feel it

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!