DISH

www.dish.com

DISH can DEFINITELY improve in many areas to make this place more enjoyable

Loyalty Agent (Current Employee) Thornton, CO (US)

ProsCompetitive pay, free dish tv, Paid time off

ConsPoint system for absences or lates. 5 points is what you get for 3 months. 1 point for everyday missed and 1/2 point for every day late or half day off. And by late I mean you get a 5 minute grace period and then 1 minute after that it's a half point. You gain each point back 3 months from when you used it but once you hit 5 that your final warning, miss or late one more time your fired.

Hardly any pay raises. I've been here for over a year and had one pay increase and that was 90 days after hire. Advancing within the company is based metrics. So is pay for performance, where you get commission for your upsells but then if your not perfect on metrics you lose out and the CSAT surveys that customers take, you have no control over, same goes for customers calling in within 3 days of talking to you and AHT... sometimes good customer service takes time!

No holidays off unless your scheduled off. I will give them that my call center was closed on Christmas this year, but not last year. But I had to work on my day off to get New Years, you get holiday pay BUT.... If your 1 minute late from your schedule start, 1 minute late from your lunch and log out less than 1 minute past your shift end, you don't get paid. RIDICULOUS!! AND you have to do that the day before, day of (if scheduled) and the day after. They observe black friday as a holiday but not x-mas eve.

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP with the point system for absences and lates. Loosen the slack on metrics and on how you QUALIFY for holiday pay. I'm there working on a holiday when a lot of others are not having to work because they close, I should get paid regardless of whether or not I there 5 minutes before or 1 minute late considering it takes 2 minutes to log into the computer. How about pay raises more often like every 6 months.

Hell to work for, customers are rude and ignorant, but the pay is good and so are co-workers and bosses.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at DISH

Pros: Good pay, lots of hours, always hiring bc people quit… Cons: Probably work weekends, shifts change often and you have to bid for them, have… Advice to Senior Management: Stop worrying about agents stats so much and concentrate more on cust satisfaction, and the percent of issues fixed instead of… More

Don't go down this road

Operations Analyst (Current Employee) Littleton, CO (US)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fortune 200 company, can't think of anything else Cons: low pay, poor benefits, low morale Advice to Senior Management: Pay your employees something that they can live off of. My department schedules potlucks, happy hours, etc. around pay day because everyone lives pay check… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!