DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

They just don't care about their employees.

Current Employee - FSS IV
Current Employee - FSS IV

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a technician, it is good pay. Have three days off(although there are rumors that might change).

Cons

Their way or the highway mentality of management. They seem to think very house is exactly the same therefore every install should be the same. You get blamed for things that are out of your control. Because of that you lose incentive money. Long hours. When you get home, all you have time to do is eat and then go to sleep. Managements response is, "you're getting paid per hour, so just do it." "It is what it is." Upper management just cares about the numbers. Benefits are horrible and expensive.

1852 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Too scared to say much

I worked at DISH

Pros

They have the friendliness of a high school clique. Wonderfully accepting at first.

Cons

Once you have worked for a few months, DISH comes down on you HARD. Every little mistake is penalized, either in public if you are in front of enough fellow employees, or in private. If you tell anyone that you were reprimanded, you are written up for "reducing company morale". I was written up for crying after I found a razor in my purse. After showing management the razor, they claimed....well, let's just say I kept future objects planted in my desk or files secret, and I'm not about to change that now. DISH instilled the fear in me to keep my mouth shut.

Don't write up employees for having the courage to confess about being harassed.

Horrible Company to Work For

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist I in Christiansburg, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist I in Christiansburg, VA (US)

I worked at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is fairly decent, and is certainly competitive for the area, as well as free satellite TV service to employees.

Cons

I'll just list these:

-Long Hours
    -Horrible Benefits
    -"Corporate" has no value for it's employees
    -Most managerial staff could care less about its employees nor how well they perform
    -Regularly "talent manages" employees out the door for performing poorly
    -Relies heavily on certain "customer satisfaction" metrics to grade the agent, regardless of how well the agent actually performs according to the "Quality Assurance" guidelines
    -Very inflexible concerning employees who are students. I was personally informed by one of the HR managers that an agent, and I quote, "must be with their supervisor 100% of the time" even if that means having to skip classes in order to be at work
    -Risks employees lives to have an agent on the phone vs. an agent at home due to inclement weather conditions
    -Agents are trained in one way by the training department, told something else by their supervisor, and then told to do the same thing in, yet again, a different manner by a third supervisor.
    -Agents are required to follow guidelines, regardless of call situation, that sometimes lead to the agents being verbally abused by the customer, with no way to defend themselves.
    -The company enforces "Business Casual" for a call center in which the only people allowed inside, are the employees.
    -Promises agents regular pay raises based on seniority, in 6 months, following a second round of training, I still had not received the pay raise.
    -Very strict on "breaks" as being late, even by 1, "ONE", minute creates an "occurrence" which affects your attendance.

-Improve benefits
    -Change the way raises work, ie: 6 months, 1 year, 1.5 years, etc... and actually stick to those pay raises.
    -Increase Pay.
    -RELAX! And stop being so uptight with rules just for the sake of having rules. Ie: Business casual.
    -Give agents more situational power, based on a low number of supervisors for supervisor calls.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH