DFS Group
www.dfsgalleria.com Hong Kong 1000 to 5000 Employees

Rewarding yet frustrating.

Associate Planner (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at DFS Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA true luxury global retailer. You will learn so much about the complexities of doing business internationally - from cultural nuances to demographic preferences.

ConsAs a subsidiary of LVMH, it felt like everything was driven by meeting shareholder expectations, whether or not it was realistic for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize and reward your key talent. Hire people, especially in the planning world. More often than not, teams are extremely lean causing people to burn out rather quickly.

I am enjoying my life

Database Administrator (Current Employee)
Bedok New Town (Singapore)

I have been working at DFS Group full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good employee benefits. If you are crazy for brands, this is tthe place for you. They offer 25-35 % discount on all regular priced products… Cons: Small environment for IT folks. Though on one hand it means less work load,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

DFS Group is one of the best companies I have ever worked for.

I have been working at DFS Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good exposure Opportunity to work overseas Great learning experience Promote from within Great benefits Attractive bonus Once you are being sent overseas, you are… Cons: Office politics (better to know which one to stay away from). Lack of team work (watch your back) Candidates/employees who are internationally mobile are highly preferred. Talented employees… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the local employees as happy as you treat Expats. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on DFS Group.

Worked for DFS Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DFS Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DFS Group CEO Ed Brennan Jr.. All reviews posted anonymously by DFS Group employees.