Crescent Point Energy

company

Current Employee - Operator
Current Employee - Operator

I have been working at Crescent Point Energy

Pros

Ther e are no quibles about overtime, The bonus system is good. At this point it apears that hard wook is reconized and rewarded. In the compensation package time spent in the industry was taken into consideration. The fact that employees are able to buy into projects like shelter Bay is a definent bonus.

Cons

Compared to other companys in the area ther are no downsides, except the base salary in lower than husky or cnrl. The main complainent is the time it taken to get projects aproved at the calgary level. Money saving nobrainer idea can take a year to get off the ground. It does pay to be prudent, but there has to be a way to fasttrack some projects.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

reviews filtered by
  1. Good company, bad management

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Crescent Point Energy as an intern

Pros

Great work atmosphere, if you like to party.

Cons

Time off policies and leadership are a big problem here. The management will tell you one thing, and then say something different. They do not seem to care that people don't live at the office. People pride themselves on coming in early and leaving late, which to me signifies inefficiency. In addition, they are opposed to new ideas and change, they would rather have you sit around and do nothing than come up with a project on your own.

Advice to Management

Work isn't supposed to be a party. Make sure you actually train your interns, instead of leaving us to watch YouTube videos because no one will let us work on a project. I feel very let down as an intern, and I will not recommend the company on campus.

Work hard, play hard mentality

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Crescent Point Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty to keep you busy, great perks (breakfast ordered in 4 times per week, plenty of vacation time for all levels of employees and they encourage you to actually use it, social events for employees once per month), the company is growing very quickly in Denver so get it while you can and they typically promote from within. Culture is very important and that comes directly from the top so I don't see the small company feel to the culture changing any time soon.

Cons

They run fairly lean so while it's great for keeping you busy and gaining valuable experience, during exceptionally busy times it can be overwhelming.