There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel

A decent place to work.

Current Employee - Am Restaurant Server in North Canton, OH (US)
Current Employee - Am Restaurant Server in North Canton, OH (US)

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time (less than an year)

Pros

99% of the management is compassionate towards their employees. I had some personal issues that I had to deal with shortly after I started with them. The management staff willingly transferred me to another store. Over all a good company to work for.

Cons

My cons would be a-lot of trial and error. Some times management expects you to just take them at their word instead of getting clarification. It seems to be very little communication between management.

Communication! Communication is key talk to the employees see how things is going with them.

531 Other Employee Reviews for Cracker Barrel (View Most Recent)

Former Retail District Manager

Former Employee - Retail District Manager
    Former Employee - Retail District Manager

I worked at Cracker Barrel full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Guests who buy into the "CB" experience which is like home. For the most part the company goes out of the way to enhance the guest experience. Bonuses for managers change each year but it it possible for managers to bonus.

Cons

CB lost sight of culture of treating people with dignity and respect. Upper mgmt brings home millions in salary/bonuses but could not get extra hours for units. Keeping in mind that dedicated hourly team basically all part time. While the company goes out of the way for the guest experience, they try very hard to undermine the employees who try to contribute thoughts and/or suggestions which are basically ignored. Cashiers/Mgr's under the gun to hit sales quotas for unrealistic overpriced items.

good if you can't find a job

Former Employee - Server in Lubbock, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Server in Lubbock, TX (US)

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good tips, flexible hours. other than that not very many good things. If the runners don't run food it gets cold and customers complain

Cons

uniform, no sick days, the scheduler either has too many servers on the floor or not enough.

The reason you have so many turnovers with managers and GMs is, and servers is cause of how strict policy is. Our store had an 80% turnover because who wants to work for jerks.

There are newer employer reviews for Cracker Barrel