Cracker Barrel
www.crackerbarrel.com Lebanon, TN 5000+ Employees

Gift Shop

Gift Shop Sales (Former Employee)
Bourbonnais, IL (US)

I worked at Cracker Barrel part-time for less than a year

ProsMeeting people from all over the world. What awesome people come into Cracker Barrel!

ConsBased on what the company once was, and how it was run, Cracker Barrel now is not a friendly nor welcoming place to work. It is a place where the staff is required to sell so many items per shift, and make so much $$$ per shift. If the staff doesn't make these quotas, you are written up and or your oh so few weekly hours are cut even more. And what do you get for all of this pressure and stress, a minimum wage and other staff who back stab you for even trying to do well. I would love to say that Cracker Barrel has even remotely an ounce of caring for it's employees, but this is far from the truth, And actually, they get some wonderful people to work for them, but alas they do not stay as there is absolutely no future or enjoyment working for this company. This is definitly not a job for a beginner or a oldster, and sadly, if it keeps going like it is, I don't see a future for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is nothing to say because it is corporate that dictates what the management imposes onto the staff. Tha management is greatly stessed as well. This company is not employment friendly!

Tips can be really good. or really bad.

Server (Current Employee)
West Valley City, UT (US)

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than a year

Pros: No tip sharing. Always have cash. Cons: Place is ran horribly. They only way you'll know you're out of a certain item is if you get screamed at...if you happen to be… Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees better. Let us leave at the time we're… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It's like a love-hate relationship!

Am Restaurant Server (Current Employee)
Lebanon, TN (US)

I have been working at Cracker Barrel part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Really Good money to be made during the months of November-January If you need to pick up extra days for extra money, you can Some good managers… Cons: Some guest can be rude, you have to ignore it Some guest may not tip, you have to ignore it you may be scheduled until 3pm, but… Advice to Senior Management: Be more respectful, we may not make as much money as you, but we are still equal, treat us all with respect, we are all… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Cracker Barrel.

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cracker Barrel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cracker Barrel CEO Sandra B. Cochran . All reviews posted anonymously by Cracker Barrel employees.