Covidien
www.covidien.com Dublin, Ireland 5000+ Employees

We are all only numbers

Field Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Covidien full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCovidien has some great products on the Endovenous side of the business. Strong field sales groups before the layoffs in October 2012.

ConsEmployees are treated like a number. It doesn't matter how well you perform your job or awards you have won when they cut/layoff you are still just a number.
Marketing has missed the "mark" so many times. Always chasing the competition and missing prime opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize talent when you have it. Remove dead weight. Just because someone lives in the correct area doesn't mean they are doing a great job. You cut the wrong people.

Overall a very disappointing experience

Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Covidien full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: 6% 401K match, employee stock purchase program, 3 weeks of… Cons: Zero opportunity for advancement, bonus payout is a joke, toxic finger-pointing culture, pay raises that do no keep up with inflation, certain members of… Advice to Senior Management: Change current senior management at the Atlanta DC No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

If you're in, you're in

Marketing (Former Employee)
Boulder, CO (US)

I worked at Covidien full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Medical devices is an interesting industry; compensation is good, strong… Cons: Toxic work environment where only certain highly-valued employees will advance; opinions of others are not valued or desired. If you don't fit "the mold"… Advice to Senior Management: Don't take everything so seriously...life is too short to not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Covidien.

Worked for Covidien? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Covidien reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Covidien CEO José E. Almeida . All reviews posted anonymously by Covidien employees.