There are newer employer reviews for Covidien

Overall, I have been satisfied with my experiences and opportunities at Covidien for the last 8 years.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Covidien

Pros

Solid products offer some stability. However, there is concern for the future, no funnel of new products.
I am from St. Louis, so it is nice to have the opportunity to move up and stay in town. Many choose travel vs. relocation.
Company does spend money to try and keep the plants in good working conditions

Cons

20 Monkeys with typewriters could put together more constructive feedback than many of the managers in my department.
Too much holding the cards and secrets from the masses or in many cases the Project Engineers and Managers that can actually improve your decisions.

Please get rid of the last remnants of the Mallinckrodt guard that keep us stuck in the mud.

444 Other Employee Reviews for Covidien (View Most Recent)

Company Culture Changes every 6 months

I worked at Covidien

Pros

The Products the company makes are generally very well designed and made. In general the sales force is extremely motivated and possibly the best trained in the medical community.

Cons

The Marketing Strategy is very disjointed, product line to product line, product to product, or even month to month. There was a lot of turnover among senior leadership, and with each change comes a new culture. Rather than building up and enhancing a brand to boost sales, the company consistenty chooses layoffs for cost containment.

Promote from within and build consistency of culture; try to keep the same strategy for at least a year before changing course. Price products competitively.

Experienced Engg

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plymouth, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN (US)

I have been working at Covidien

Pros

There are no pros here....just good pay by covidien...it is all about numbers here....good profitable company

Cons

They dont care for people....very ruthless.....management is good at pissing people off....not a great place to make a career

There are newer employer reviews for Covidien

Worked for Covidien? Contribute to the Community!