Covance

www.covance.com
  www.covance.com
There are newer employer reviews for Covance

Gone downhill

I have been working at Covance full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working remotely, benefits, PTO, Bonus

Cons

Lack of company culture, greediness, male dominated funnel

326 Other Employee Reviews for Covance (View Most Recent)

Horrible local management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

I have been working at Covance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, independence, pay, contract, benefits, office.

Cons

Horrible management that doesn't care about employees. Line managers do everything to de-motivate you and make you understand that you are nothing and they are everything. Trying to attack employees to show to their managers that they are "capable of determing and solving the issues", "escalate" is the favourite word of our managers (so many examples when they tried to attack an employee who happenned to have written proof that there was no issue... never heard "sorry" from the managers).
    New line manager that has no communication skills, knows nothing about managing people and is very hard to work with.

Please, organize at least one useful survey: a country-specific (and anonimous obviously) questionnaire for employees to rate their managers. There are so many unsaid problems, which we cannot obviously escalate if we want to keep our job.

Principal Investigator/Study Director

Former Employee - Principal Investigator in Madison, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Principal Investigator in Madison, WI (US)

I worked at Covance full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Some of the smartest and hardest working people work at Covance. The companies biggest assets are the people. Vacation and heath benefits are very good.

Cons

Top heavy company, management is selffish and not trained well for the job. The goal of the company is to find supervisors and managers who do not know daily activities, tasks or science. Their role is to "manage" people. Performance reviews are meaningless and unfair. People are chosen arbitrarily every year for improvement plans that allows the company not to pay out a bonus or increase salary.

Wake up senior management and change strategy. There are too many zeros in your ranks! No one tells the truth and each manager muddles through until they get moved or promoted. The company is broken. You use your employees until they are burned out. You expect them to work late, early, weekends holidays and then you kick them during annual review time. The good managers leave the company our take demotions just so they don't have to the dirty deeds.

There are newer employer reviews for Covance