CouchSurfing

www.couchsurfing.org

An inspiring place to work

ProsBefore I even started working for Couchsurfing, it was the reason I got up in the morning! The Couchsurfing community has been part of my life for years and working for the company now is better than I could have ever imagined. Every single staff member is brilliant, fun and passionate about what we do. Being around people like that every day not only makes your job more fun, but pushes you to do better.

We're given every single resource would could possibly need to do our jobs to the best of our ability. We're encouraged to think outside the box, ask questions and management is incredibly transparent. As an employee you feel valued and encouraged.

ConsIt's hard work! And because of the changes happening to the website, not everyone knows the answer to everything. There is no set path and decisions are changed daily. This definitely keeps us on our toes, though it's really only a con when you're tired.

The split between the old community and new community is always a tricky one. Some days it can be hard to do your job when you're being pushed from all ends.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on keepin' on. Keep infusing the original spirt and mission of Couchsurfing alive every day. That's what reminds us why we do what we do.

Dynamic, performance-based workplace that's finally gaining momentum

Product Team Leader (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at CouchSurfing full-time for less than a year

Pros: Couchsurfing has (finally) completed planned lay-offs of low-performing staff and is now picking up a huge amount of momentum. The company is moving at the… Cons: There's a ton of work to do to repair the relationship between the company and the community of Couchsurfing. Couchsurfing (the company) has a history… Advice to Senior Management: Keep moving. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Empowered and encouraged to be creative

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at CouchSurfing full-time for less than a year

Pros: Couchsurfing is a small startup with a very passionate userbase that have had life changing experiences through Couchsurfing. The company is currently totally redeveloping the… Cons: In contrast to most startups, Couchsurfing has been around for nearly 10 years. During this time, the website became quite outdated and dysfunctional, and the… Advice to Senior Management: Push hard, stay focused, and keep the vision of a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CouchSurfing.

Worked for CouchSurfing? Contribute to the Community!