CouchSurfing

www.couchsurfing.org

An inspiring place to work

ProsBefore I even started working for Couchsurfing, it was the reason I got up in the morning! The Couchsurfing community has been part of my life for years and working for the company now is better than I could have ever imagined. Every single staff member is brilliant, fun and passionate about what we do. Being around people like that every day not only makes your job more fun, but pushes you to do better.

We're given every single resource would could possibly need to do our jobs to the best of our ability. We're encouraged to think outside the box, ask questions and management is incredibly transparent. As an employee you feel valued and encouraged.

ConsIt's hard work! And because of the changes happening to the website, not everyone knows the answer to everything. There is no set path and decisions are changed daily. This definitely keeps us on our toes, though it's really only a con when you're tired.

The split between the old community and new community is always a tricky one. Some days it can be hard to do your job when you're being pushed from all ends.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on keepin' on. Keep infusing the original spirt and mission of Couchsurfing alive every day. That's what reminds us why we do what we do.

What was once a user-centric, hospitality-driven trusted community is quickly turning into just another travel website

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at CouchSurfing full-time for more than a year

Pros: Many of the people who work at CouchSurfing are wonderful, but leadership leaves much to be desired. Members of CouchSurfing are extremely passionate and… Cons: I agree with another reviewer who said that this has turned into a hierarchical organization run by a culture of fear. There have been… Advice to Senior Management: It's one thing to talk about having a strong culture, and another thing to practice what you preach. Diversity in perspectives, skills, nationality, background… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A different world — now in turbo mode

I have been working at CouchSurfing

Pros: You get stuff done. A LOT of stuff. Extremely results-oriented; what matters is what you accomplish. Politics is at an absolute minimum, or maybe even zero. Incredibly low-drama… Cons: People absolutely get fired. Not arbitrarily; it's uniformly either for lack of skills or because the way they work is ineffective for the organization, but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CouchSurfing.

Worked for CouchSurfing? Contribute to the Community!