Consumer Directed Choices
cdchoices.org Albany, NY 150 to 499 Employees

Stop and think hard before imposing huge cuts on staff.

Personal Assistant (Current Employee)
Albany, NY (US)

I have been working at Consumer Directed Choices

ProsIt is rewarding working with people with disabilities. Families are very appreciative for all the things you can do to make their lives as normal as possible.

ConsManagement continually cuts benefits to the Personal Assistants. Every year it is harder and harder to continue working for this company. They no longer contribute to our 401K, have eliminated our sick time that we accumilated and have cut back on vacation time. They are talking of cutting wages (which are very low) and benefits. These are the workers that make their jobs possible and they are continually cutting us back. It makes it difficult to continue working for this organization, but the consumer you are working for desperately depends on you. When a personal associate can no longer afford to make a car payment or put gas in their car or pay their car insurance, we will all have to look for new jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink long and hard about the hardships you are imposing on the disabled community. These people depend on their associates to care for their loved ones. It is very difficult to find qualified people to come into theirs homes and lives to care for their (sometimes) small children or disabled parents. Management is not taking any cuts in their benefits or salary. Is it fair to do this to the people who are working so hard to keep their jobs?

There are newer reviews on Consumer Directed Choices.

Worked for Consumer Directed Choices? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Consumer Directed Choices reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Consumer Directed Choices employees.