There are newer employer reviews for Computershare

Don't get stuck with this company!

Former Employee - Investment Service Representative in Edison, NJ (US)
Former Employee - Investment Service Representative in Edison, NJ (US)

I worked at Computershare

Pros

Lots of training and ok pay.

Cons

No room for growth in fact its clear that if you get stuck in this call center you will die there. The head of HR in this office is a mess. She only cares about the "big bosses" and couldn't care less about the average employee. Management doesn't listen to suggestions or anything else. The place is a gray warehouse they turned into a call center with LOW morale. I feel bad for the great friends I made here and left behind because they are stuck in He. Micro management rules and the Quality team is a joke made up of reps who fail their own quality screening and never should have gotten the positions. This is more like a day care for adults then a career.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes! Some people are an asset to the company. Recognize them and there years of experience and take care of them, promote them, don't just stick them on the phone doing the same jobs you have temps do! Understand the abilities of your staff and use them to the fullest also get rid of dead weight, some people just dont get IT!

reviews filtered by

Computershare US

I worked at Computershare

Pros

Some of the people are very friendly and nice to work with. The pay is good and they require a certain number of days off per year, which is really nice.

Cons

There are serious communication issues between managers and employees. There are few feedback mechanisms for employees. The open cubicle office structure makes you feel like you're constantly being watched as opposed to fostering employee interaction.

Advice to Management

Communication seemed to be the biggest problem in my opinion, I would suggest having weekly reviews to see where people are in specific projects.

Horrible senior management

I have been working at Computershare

Pros

Decent benefits
    Some dedicated employees
    Better than most in the same industry

Cons

Lack of communication
    No real direction
    Lots of "dead" weight
    No real vision

Advice to Management

Do more than buy companies