Combined Insurance

www.combinedinsurance.com
  www.combinedinsurance.com
There are newer employer reviews for Combined Insurance

Very good company to work for and ample opportunity to advance.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
Former Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance

Pros

Good lead sources.
Good underwriting and claim management.
Products are wanted in the workforce and are priced fairly for a simplified issue product.

Cons

Combined is an old established company and they are slow to make changes, but they are good at what they do. They need to upgrade their product portfolio to keep pace with the industry.

157 Other Employee Reviews for Combined Insurance (View Most Recent)

I'm glad it's over

Former Employee - District Manager in Bay City, MI (US)
    Former Employee - District Manager in Bay City, MI (US)

I worked at Combined Insurance

Pros

Sales school was pretty beneficial and a lot of the training I received for management was very good. They have good incentives

Cons

The products and high pressure sales tactics and management constantly pushing the numbers wore me out. I have a very strong work ethic and knew a ton of people is how I was successful but pay made it impossible for 95% of agents to even survive. I made as much as a District manager as I was told I'd make as an agent. I stayed as long as I did because I couldn't find a job somewhere else. Their customer satisfaction is low in my opinion. I dealt with customer complaints many times per day.

Be honest with your employees and quit deceiving. I didn't participate much in the hiring process because of guilt. Concentrate on quality rather than quantity.

It is a good place to start, especially for someone without a college degree.

Current Employee - Sales Agent
    Current Employee - Sales Agent

I have been working at Combined Insurance

Pros

-Commissions can be very financially satisfying.
    -It is relatively independent work on a daily basis.
    -Great opportunity to meet people and work outside an office environment.
    -Bonus structure can make for a nice bump in pay at the end of a month.
    -Success and performance are rewarded.
    -Company provides all materials needed to sell and service clients
    -Job training was exceptional and my bosses provide every opportunity for me to succeed.

Cons

-Straight commission sales, so you better sell.
    -Constant micromanagement on a weekly basis.
    -Conference calls and meetings are much to common, and time spent attending these meetings is not compensated and provides no opportunity to make commissions.
    -Being door-to-door sales provides for uncomfortable situations on occasion. A large portion of the customer base is of a lower economic class, so expect to go into less-than-clean homes.
    -No reimbursement for mileage or travel expenses.
    -Long hours aren't required, as long as you're hitting your goals, but are often needed.
    -Creating an environment of positivity seems to have developed into a culture of secrecy. Employees would just disappear and not come back without any reason being given to the rest of us.

Understand that people are working straight commission jobs for various reasons. Without a salary, management has no real hold over time commitments and needs to understand this. The training was great however and management needs to continue with its in-field training schedule.

There are newer employer reviews for Combined Insurance