Colgate-Palmolive
www.colgate.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

So far so good

Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee)
Piscataway, NJ (US)

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI would say that there are many good things about working here:
Great benefits
Good employee compensation (even with only a mediocre review)
If you are ambitious and willing to work for what you want you usually can get it (within reason)
Good evironment to grow and cultivate your career
Ability to work overseas and move around if you're disatisfied with your position
Opportunities to grow yourself as a person and not just as an employee

ConsSomestimes stuffy and conservative, but getting better (more transparency)
Middle managers seem to be chosen based on advanced degrees and succession planning instead of actual managerial qualifications; I think this has to do with promoting people who've earned it, but by being limited to the promotion scale within the company. In order to get to a certain level, generally you must have people to manage, but not everyone can be a manager, so there are challenges there.
HR is sometimes kind of a joke; they are not really well versed in the company policies for the benefit programs or leave programs...

Advice to Senior ManagementRevising the promotion structure would be a good start. Being careful about promoting employees with advanced degrees when it appears that that is the reason for promotion. Working harder to reach young employees and jaded employees with the realties of being a large corperation.

I worked for the company for 29 years - all in the global Training and Development area

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Colgate-Palmolive full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: All global training is strategically aligned with the business. The CEO endorses , values and is a presence in the development of leadership talent. All… Cons: None that I can think of. Advice to Senior Management: Company is extremely well run and successful. have no… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A very caring company that has changed dramatically over the last years, turning to outsourcing jobs overseas.

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: 1) Good Pay 2) A very caring environment up to… Cons: 1) Outsourcing functions overseas to India for substandard work 2) Reduction of… Advice to Senior Management: You became successful because of the people that worked hard… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Colgate-Palmolive.

Worked for Colgate-Palmolive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Colgate-Palmolive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Colgate-Palmolive CEO Ian M. Cook. All reviews posted anonymously by Colgate-Palmolive employees.