There are newer employer reviews for Colgate-Palmolive

Intense experience

Current Employee - Business Applications Developer in New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Business Applications Developer in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Colgate has excellent benefits and my personal experience has been one of rewarding professional development opportunities. I was able to complete my MBA during my first 2 years with the company. During a period of downsizing, I was given an opportunity to work in NJ. While it was a long commute, I at least continued to be employed.

Cons

The environment is pretty conservative, never really felt relaxed at work nor comfortable enough to share any problems I'd experience in the course of performing my role.

I would want to say that an investment in a source of support for the employee as a person would be an added bonus to the great benefits.

264 Other Employee Reviews for Colgate-Palmolive (View Most Recent)

Colgate Palmolive

Current Employee - Director + Level In Service Function
    Current Employee - Director + Level In Service Function

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good, collaborative culture with opportunity for advancement and correct compensation - a caring culture until you get to very Sr. management; work-life balance can be good, depending on immediate boss, but many top managers only give it lip service at best.

Cons

Too much focus on reducing bottom line challenges ability to perform job; no room for advancement unless willing to relocated to US (without Expat benefits) means US employees much more likely to advance; a truely global company in terms of revenue, but HQ Sr. management focuses moslty on NA business

Promote career advancement for people, in particular women who are more often less mobile, not willing to relocte to the US; get Sr. management to focus less on NA business and move some decision making out into the field; focus more on top rather than bottom line.

Marketing internship

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- good learning opportunity and great people

Cons

No work/life balance and no career opportunities

There are newer employer reviews for Colgate-Palmolive