Colgate-Palmolive
www.colgate.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

It's not the Colgate it used to be

Sales Team Leader (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Colgate-Palmolive full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits and still has some great people there. Most of the brands are very well know and the company store is great.

ConsThe way they treat people is very poor and much different from their posted and much talked about values and principles. It's all about the financials vs. caring and developing people. There is no work/life balance and upper management talks about how important but their actions are the complete opposite.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt needs to be all about the people. Your systems, software and P&L don't mean anything if you don't treat people well. Many people used to go to CP and stay forever even until a few years ago, not anymore. You've turned the company into what you used to poke fun at some of your competitors for.

Development chemist for personal care

Development Chemist (Former Employee)
Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at Colgate-Palmolive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Challenging environment, professional management in an industry which is not… Cons: not innovative enough, too much focus on oral care and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Learn as much as you can

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive

Pros: very flexible with co-op students Cons: Hardly hire co-op/interns or in general Advice to Senior Management: none No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Colgate-Palmolive.

Worked for Colgate-Palmolive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Colgate-Palmolive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Colgate-Palmolive CEO Ian M. Cook. All reviews posted anonymously by Colgate-Palmolive employees.