There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

Senior AE with 22+ years experience - Forced out - this company no longer respects experienced and knowledgeable AE's

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL (US)
Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Clear Channel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great products in the best cities

Cons

Corporate - Bain Capital - controls everything and everything is a spreadsheet. They no longer care about customer service. Commission plan is the worst in the industry.

Retain and recruit talented employees. Relationships are important across all departments - sales - real estate - operations.

403 Other Employee Reviews for Clear Channel (View Most Recent)

Welcoming and Excited

Current Employee - Sales Assistant
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant

I have been working at Clear Channel full-time

Pros

Want to teach me their ways. And want me to succeed they way they have succeeded. So far so good

Cons

Of course working as a sales rep has its cons but you either learn to work with it and manage your own future financially or you are in the wrong business.

More stress for less money

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Clear Channel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You get to work for one of the largest companies in the world. The name "Clear Channel" looks good on paper.

Cons

This was once a great company to work for....8+ years ago! It has gradually gone down hill. I wish it could be blamed on the hard economic times, which, yes has contributed to how they treat their employees, but sadly I think it's more about how the company is managed. They once cared about their employees and treated you like family. The perks were once great. Now it's about how much more responsibility they can pile on you, how many more hour you can work and how much faster you can do it all. It's an extremely stressful environment. I always got overlooked for the work and hours I put in. If they dont like you, they will make your life miserable until you leave. They never fire anyone because they dont want to deal with unemployment. The turnover is really high because no one wants to work for a company that treats their employees so poorly.

Get back to what you once were or the company will go under. Start caring about your employees and treating them with dignity and respect. Or start handing out anxiety medication in your new hire packets, because they are going to need it! Otherwise, you might as well hire robots, because that is the only way the amount of work you demand of your employees will get done without stressing them out and making them constantly sick.

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!