Clear Channel
www.clearchannel.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

Good luck if you're in ANY promotions job here; corporate will suck out your soul.

Promotions Assistant (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Clear Channel part-time for less than a year

ProsThere is no doubt that the people who work in radio are amazing. I have had more laughs at this job than any other, but that is all because of the people that work there.

ConsThe management has no idea what they are doing. They hired a complete robot (often a joke among employees) as the OM. Promotions assistants are at the very bottom of the "food chain", and they treat them like it.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to stop being fake. Show some emotion, even some compassion. If someone comes to you telling you that the moral is at an all time low in an entire department, you should not answer with "well if they don't like it here, they should leave." And promotions assistants should never have to babysit talent. If a 40-year-old wants to get drunk at their event, that is not promotion's job to tell anyone to slow down.

Very Boring!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Clear Channel

Pros: I met a cool band once. Cons: I was at my desk listening to music and the large woman who was the manager was like, "TUZrn THAT OFF!!". It was like… Advice to Senior Management: Actually they were pretty nice. More

Advertising Executive

Advertising Executive (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Clear Channel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Always great to have the opportunity to meet todays and tomorrows upcoming stars.… Cons: Painfully witnessed the parade of account execs hired and fired in less than 6 months. The effect of this takes it's toll… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Clear Channel.

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clear Channel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman. All reviews posted anonymously by Clear Channel employees.